Nintendo coolness

No apologies about that dead before it launched system. :P

The game you get is not The Wind Waker though there’s a demo of it included…

The disc will feature The Legend of Zelda, Zelda II: The Adventure of Link, The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, The Legend of Zelda: Majora’s Mask, and a demo of The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker.

So basically you get the two NES adventures (emulation) and the two N64 adventures (also emulated but with graphic smoothing) and the demo for $99.99. If you want some games, pick them up at Toys R Us this week. Gamecube games are buy 2 get 1 free. I’m going to post that in a separate thread…

–Dave

Wow. A 33% off sale that actually means something. Thanks for the tip.

I just hope they bundle the combo disk with more than just the GameCube itself, or just sell it outright. I was only able to play OoT and MM through emulation, and those are two games I’d relish the chance to pay for, even if I didn’t have a Cube to play them on now.

The 2 for 1 is a great deal but until this year it was limited only to PS2 games. I’ve taken advantage of that both times in fact. It’s a twice yearly occurance now if TRU keeps doing it. Once in the fall and once in the spring. It’s a good time to pick up Christmas gift games too.

Oh! You can also buy four games and get two free, etc. The coupon will allow for multiples.

–Dave

Ooh, NES and N64 games. Woo-hoo.

Not.

I think I’ll put the $99 towards my Zodiac. :-)

(Which, BTW, is a kickass PDA along with being a game system. Comparing it to game systems is like comparing an Athlon 64 rig to a Gamecube. Different things.)

Funcoland is selling used Gamecubes for $69. That’s probably your best bet.