Nintendo finally reveals the Switch console

Our local discount department chain has some bundles going for launch, maybe you’ll get something similar where you are? Zelda works out 45% off and 1-2 Switch over 50% off (if you’re that way inclined).

My wife started talking to a game dev on Twitter last night who made a series I loved back in the dreamcast/xbox days. She sent him pictures of our 5 year old son playing said series, because our son loves it too ever since he saw me playing it on Xbox One. He’s having a themed birthday party this weekend.

This game dev said they’re working on a sequel for the Switch. So, you win Nintendo, I’m in.

I’m not mentioning specifics because I don’t want to get anyone in trouble~

Shenmue 4 confirmed!

Yep and Half Life 3.

I also hope they release Overwatch on the switch.

Overwatch’s always online requirement might make that tough, but if they added in a local wireless mode I’d be in immediately.

If the rumors of an upcoming campaign mode are true that would also be a selling point.

I’m both shocked and not shocked that we still don’t know how the system is going to handle VC titles purchased on the Wii U and 3ds being transferred to the switch. There are a whole bunch of other things I’m shocked we don’t know about still but this is #1.

At this point I think everyone needs to assume the virtual console isn’t launching with the Switch’s launch in any form at all. It’ll come at a later point in time.

Want some weirdness? Try this. Todd Howard “can’t say” whether or not the version of Skyrim on Switch will be the original or enhanced edition.

I assume it’s something in between.

It’ll probably be the equivalent of running the original on PC on max settings. The Jan 12 reel they showed didn’t look like it was a 2016 game. (then again, I haven’t seen the special edition graphics, maybe they also suck.)

Considering this is the first they’ve mentioned it, color me unsurprised yet still disappointed.

The biggest current issue with the Switch is one of basic reliability. Over the course of my time with Breath of the Wild, I’ve had repeated problems with the left Joy-Con controller partially or even completely losing sync from the Switch console while docked and connected to my television. This is a pain in the ass at best, but has also resulted in several deaths playing Breath of the Wild.

I’m not the only one experiencing this issue, either. Multiple reviewers and editors at other outlets who were provided Switch review hardware by Nintendo say they’ve experienced similar problems while using the Joy-Cons in the Joy-Con Grip accessory — the controller “dock” that allows more traditional play using the two Joy-Cons as opposite halves of a controller — that ships with the Switch.

Great.

They wouldn’t have this problem if they’d pony up for the Pro controller.

Yeah, pretty happy that I waited on pre-ordering. We will see how things look in the fall with the new Mario game, new Zelda works on Wii U too.

No installation (for Zelda at least) is encouraging.

Yeah, mandatory installs are killing my enjoyment of the PS4, when each new game is a 50gb mandatory install, and you have 400GB free after system stuff and save files, video streaming apps

Space runs out quick there too.

It will be patched away soon enough. I don’t think it’s a big deal pre-launch.

If it persists after, then it will be.

Yeah, hopefully it’s something that can be fixed with a patch. Apparently it’s only affecting Zelda so it could just be a software thing.

Sounds like the Switch will be awesome to buy toward the end of 2017

For my taste, it will be “ready” to buy at the end of 2017. It might still take another Smash Brother or Metroid to really get my attention.

The more I think about my pre-order the more I think it’s frickin’ nuts; and I’ll most likely cancel it and/or return the console once mass reports go out.

I mean, for US residents the price of $360 to play a single game at launch. ( Zelda ) If you want to just get the console you could… but it comes with nothing at all. And to be honest, if I was to get Zelda, I’d really rather play on the pro controller. So I’m looking at $370!!! that’s crazy… I could just get the game and play it on my Wii U.

I think I’d be a lot happier, just cancelling/returning this and waiting for mid summer where they start including a game with the sale of it. It looks like there isn’t going to be a crazy run on these guys, since Gamestop will not have some available on launch day to those that haven’t pre-ordered.