Nintendo finally reveals the Switch console

The appeal is entirely in the multiplayer, really, though you can of course race against AI. FWIW, Mario Kart 8 is probably the best ever, but if you don’t like the core gameplay that much then it’s not going to change your mind.

It’s about competing with friends and people online. If you haven’t played since N64, then you may be amazed to see how far it’s come? It’s like a great family board game you pull out from time to time but you play on the TV (or in this case, anywhere you take your Switch!).

The Switch version allows for four player split screen both at home and on the go. You’ll get 1080p 60fps with two players on the TV, 1080p 30fps with four players on the TV, 720p 60fps with two players on the Switch alone, and 720p 30fps with four players on the Switch alone. You’ll need a second set of JoyCons to play with four players (or a combination of JoyCons and Pro Controllers, etc.) You can play two player MK8D right out of the box, though with a JoyCon for each player.

Thank you for the inputs. It sounds reasonable – it doesn’t excite me personally, but we do a fair amount of hosting and entertaining, and I bring the Switch with me often. It may be a good thing for me to pick up, even if I don’t see myself spending a bunch of time with it.

Thank you!

I’m getting it specifically for the portable multiplayer. I have some friends at work to play with and the kids will play on the go while traveling! It’s totally unique in that way.

For another multiplayer game, I can’t recommend Puyo Puyo Tetris highly enough. It’s a great game.

Man, this does look cool… may have to grab this. Thanks!

Neon in stock right NOW
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/nintendo-switch-32gb-console-neon-red-neon-blue-joy-con/5670100.p?skuId=5670100&ref=199&loc=AKGBlS8SPlM&acampID=1&siteID=AKGBlS8SPlM-Bp4Kozs78PamYhc8wYnbBQ

… and they’re gone.

How the heck are you guys finding these things. I went to the local GameStop and they said they got some in on Wednesday, but stock only comes in about every 3 weeks. Walmart and a local store similar to Walmart don’t have them or know when they will. I looked at the stock checking sites and everything is close doesn’t do online stock. Do you just have to keep going in to these stores every day and just hope to get lucky?

https://www.nowinstock.net

I saw a news story on Polygon or Kotaku or something yesterday saying they had the Switch in stock on Amazon and ordered. Free 1 day shipping, just got the package at my door.

Thats just taunting me. I want some Switch goodness dammit!

Basically only been playing Zelda and Shovel Knight so far, but still very pleased with the purchase. Now debating the Tetris and possibly Mario Kart or the Banjo Kazooie looking lizard game.

I had been checking that, always nothing. I clicked your link and it showed Walmart had some. Set up an account and then it told me they were sold out. Tried again and says I can pick up May 4. So, thanks.

I’ve seen Switches several times at my local Walmart. Maybe I should have picked one up and hawked it on eBay. Pretty sure I’d feel too much of an ass for that though.

Bastards at Amazon failed to deliver my Mario Kart today, so I get prime break PLUS a $10 hush money offer. Grrrrr.

Well I finally got one! I didn’t expect Mario Kart to be the deciding factor but here we are.

Time to start Zelda over from scratch and experience that delightful game all over again!

Why is anyone buying physical copies of Switch games. Do you live in a cave. Do you enjoy carrying a bunch of easily loseable 60 dollar postage stamps everywhere.

You guys are weird. I bet you’d buy phone apps on a chip if you could. Oh hold on, let me put in the browser chip so I can google that. That’s my impression of you guys with a chip phone.

Not sure if serious IMG

More recently I’ve bought physical copies of games I intend to play once then want to sell.

But Zelda and Mario Kart are for life. I always will want them around, so digital all the way.