Nintendo finally reveals the Switch console

Doesn’t matter how they try to soften the blow, it’s still mind rape.

You can’t fool 1980s fundamentalist mothers. They know it’s possession.

Charlie Scibetta of Nintendo of America told Venture Beat that Metroid Prime 4 and the “new Pokemon game” are 2018 titles. Given the former’s bare bones teaser at E3, I was expecting 2019 at the earliest.

“Just as you get through a game and you’re starting to put your head up, put the periscope out to see what else is out there, hopefully we’ll have something right there for you. We’ve announced a nice lineup through this year, and next year we have some big games coming with Metroid 4. 2018 will be around Metroid, Kirby, Yoshi, new Pokemon game has been announced. We feel good about the lineup for this year and beyond.”

https://venturebeat.com/2017/06/21/nintendo-on-keeping-switch-owners-happy-with-mario-and-more/view-all/

That seems really early

They said they’d be ready this time around and would be able to avoid big gaps in their own lineup. I’m sure Metroid Prime 4 has been in development for quite awhile already. Other than Zelda, they’ve been pretty much announcing and releasing games within about a year of that announcement for awhile now. I expect MP4 to be one of their big playable games at E3 next year in the same way Super Mario Odyssey was this year.

I’m not buying it.

I have both and am in.

In an interview with Waypoint, Reggie makes it sound like Prime 4 is shipping in 2018.

Reggie Fils-Aimé: The response to what we’ve showcased, and it really is just a small tip for 2018, has been exceptionally positive. You’ve got fans seeing Metroid Prime 4, hearing that Mr. Tanabe, who’s been involved in all of the Metroid Prime games, is going to be at the helm of that, the fans are tremendously excited. To hear that there’s going to be a core Pokémon RPG experience on the Nintendo Switch, the fans are incredibly excited. To see a traditional Kirby experience, with him inhaling enemies and copying abilities, fans are excited about that. And then the Yoshi game that we showcased, with that unique, you know, motion to go “behind-the-scenes,” so to speak, has people really intrigued. So just by showcasing those four games, and giving a little bit of a taste, yeah there’s a lot of excitement to what 2018 can hold.

If only I could figure out Nintendo’s bizarro friend system to add you to my friend list.

So, I bought Amiibos. Gamestop got a restock of the Breath of the Wild ones and they look really good. I got the Guardian, which has 6 poseable tentacle legs, and Zelda. They have stock of Archer Link and Mounted Link too, but I didn’t pull the trigger on those.

I used them in the game and got some pretty sweet gear. I felt like I was cheating, though, so I hung them on the display racks in Link’s house and won’t use them.

Traded in BOTW as after 25 hours I was just forcing myself to play it and really had no motivation for its mechanics. Since I got $38 back it’s still not a bad deal.

I bought Thumper, and man that game looks great on the hand held’s screen.

So… how does one go about finding a Switch? Is there a site that says where they’re available?

@Wallapuctus your scene.

Awesome, thanks Craig/Wallapuctus!

I guess all the kids are trying to get them during Summer break? Geez… they’re out of stock everywhere.

They’ve been steadily out of stock. Got mine by talking to a guy at Target in the electronics department. He knew that a shipment was coming in the following Wednesday. I stopped on the way in to work and got one of the two they received that day.

Yeah, like Denny mentioned, they have always been super hard to find, it’s not just because it’s the summer time. I had to wait months to finally nab one from a lucky call to Target one afternoon.

Has anyone else had their sleeping Switch hijack an HDMI switcher since the 3.0 patch? They said it’s “improved”, but (knock on wood) I’m able to leave the Switched docked now. Is the issue fixed? FYI I don’t have a Samsung TV.

Well they break quick enough so it’s not cheating much. ;)

I went and looked up what the other amiibos give. I have the toon link and Zelda ones buried somewhere in my kids hoard. We won them in a yankee swap last year. I need to find them…