Nintendo finally reveals the Switch console

Traded in BOTW as after 25 hours I was just forcing myself to play it and really had no motivation for its mechanics. Since I got $38 back it’s still not a bad deal.

I bought Thumper, and man that game looks great on the hand held’s screen.

So… how does one go about finding a Switch? Is there a site that says where they’re available?

@Wallapuctus your scene.

Awesome, thanks Craig/Wallapuctus!

I guess all the kids are trying to get them during Summer break? Geez… they’re out of stock everywhere.

They’ve been steadily out of stock. Got mine by talking to a guy at Target in the electronics department. He knew that a shipment was coming in the following Wednesday. I stopped on the way in to work and got one of the two they received that day.

Yeah, like Denny mentioned, they have always been super hard to find, it’s not just because it’s the summer time. I had to wait months to finally nab one from a lucky call to Target one afternoon.

Has anyone else had their sleeping Switch hijack an HDMI switcher since the 3.0 patch? They said it’s “improved”, but (knock on wood) I’m able to leave the Switched docked now. Is the issue fixed? FYI I don’t have a Samsung TV.

Well they break quick enough so it’s not cheating much. ;)

I went and looked up what the other amiibos give. I have the toon link and Zelda ones buried somewhere in my kids hoard. We won them in a yankee swap last year. I need to find them…

I think the Wolf Link that comes with Twilight Princess HD gives the best reward. I don’t have it but I’ve been tempted. I think you can get it separately from the game.

Worst part is I’ve seen all the amiibos at Toys r Us before the Switch launch. I never got them then, now it I want the I have to pay scalper prices.

Get in early on the new ones then! Though I think pre-orders for Mipha are mostly sold out already…

edit: also, as fortune would have it my local store had a good deal (Au dollars):

Is Binding of Isaac worth the money? It seems very steep, but I’m hard up for a game as I just finished BotW

It has an absurd amount of content (main game and two expansions from the PC version) but it’s also fairly niche. I’m glad I paid the $40 but I can’t say everyone would enjoy it as much.

Kamiko is $5 and really cool.

Hm… I haven’t seen any pre-orderse for amiibo’s yet.
Where abouts @Profanicus?

Don’t Quote me on this.
To find your friend code, go to the Nintendo Switch home screen and scroll to the very top where the profile icons are found. Select the icon you want to find the friend code for and it will take you to the profile page. If you’ve linked a Nintendo Account to the profile, the friend code will appear to the right as a series of two letters followed by three sets of four numbers. It should look something like this:

SW-5632-4404-7130
That is my friend code. It appears on the right side of the screen after you select your profile pic

Holy cow. That’s … not easy to find. OK, mine is 7907-9724-4485. It’s not a bad thing to post it publicly, is it?

And now we’re friends.

Australia, unfortunately. ;) Our EB Games has them. Their parent company is Gamestop so maybe they’ll have them soon too?

I think this is like those day 1 console reveal preorders though. They don’t know anyithng about availability or price yet, but they’ll happily take my money.

Whaaa? Go to your page from the main screen and it’s right there in profile.