Nintendo finally reveals the Switch console

That sounds pretty interesting. Thanks for the mention.

I was sold until I got to “cookie clicker”. I never understood that genre. Don’t you just, like, click something a bunch of times, the end? Is there more to it? I don’t know.

Speaking of twin-stick shooters, I’d love a twin-stick Drox Operative style game.

It’s not actually a clicker. But the mechanic revolves around shooting stuff to get money to buy more stuff to make numbers go up faster to buy better weapons to destroy more stuff to get more money to buy more stuff and…

But no actual clicking like those clicker games!

🤔 okay, good enough. Sold.

I order one for the kids for Christmas today. Mario Kart and Mario Odyssey, extra controller, mem card, carrying case and screen protector and all of a sudden I’m $650 in. Hope they didn’t want anything else for Christmas this year lol.

I can build a mine on the surface of Jupiter in order to “dig deep underground and extract riches.” Jupiter.

I’ll just file this away in the part of my brain that accepts faster-than-light travel in science fiction media.

I’m now well on my way to achieving victory in this game.

Oh yeah, I was surprised how much I liked that when I played it on the PS4. Picked it up based on a stream from @tomchick actually!

Is it pure coincidence that PFX3 and Stern came out on the same day?

Christmas sale on the eShop. About 60 games discounted here!

Hmm… looks like maybe 30 discounted here. The only title that stands out (which I own already) is Steamworld Dig 2.

I’m only seeing 24, at least as listed here: https://www.nintendo.com/games/game-guide?pv=true#filter/switch|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|true|-|-|-|-|featured|des|-|-

Any recommendations besides Steamworld Dog 2 and Golf Story?

From the Web list, I also recall hearing good things about Overcooked, Shantae, and The Mummy Demastered. Golf Story’s not there, though it’s one that I was looking for. Is it showing up on the system itself?

Sorry, I only listed it because those are the two games own besides Mario.

Anyone played Lucanor?

Okay, I bought a Switch for my daughter (in college) for Christmas.
Can I get a list of your must-have accessories?

For me … SD Card, carry case, pro controller.

Some people will tell you you need a screen protector … but they must have kids or something, mine’s fine without.

Do you take the system in and out of the dock regularly? I do. And the fit is relatively close. Despite being careful, I was seeing little marks on the screen. Not permanent, but I got a protector just in case.

I do, and not carefully either. There are scuffs but not sure they’re permanent, and they’re on the bezel not the actual displayable screen area. Guess it doesn’t bother me.

*edit yeah I just hit it with some monitor wipes and there’s faint marks visible there.Hit it with a torch at the right angle and you can see them easily.

Yeah, I’d be concerned that over months or years, those faint marks would become more prominent. Better to spend 10 bucks on a good glass protector, imo.