Nintendo finally reveals the Switch console

Don’t they have the thing where you get the first free if you buy a physical copy of the second one?

Theres a lot of content there.

If you’re the kind of person that might want to platinum trophy everything, there’s a huge amount of replayability. The first play through of the whole game is kind of a tutorial for the “real game”, which is getting 100% combos on everything. On WiiU, B2 also had some insanely expensive costumes (Samus, Peach) that you can shoot for if you like 100% ing.

That being said, I don’t know that it’s a game you can come back to after a couple weeks or months of not playing, just because of the muscle memory and combo strategy need to be pretty present in your mind.

Oooh, Toki Tori 2+ releasing on the 23rd. Just pre-purchased.

Similarly if you buy one game digitally you get a discount on the other, such that the price for both works out the same as the physical version.

Unless you’re in Australia where physical copies are always cheaper. :)

So is Bayonetta one of those franchises where I should skip one and go straight to two or should I really play one first?

Two makes no sense to me whatsoever, but I can’t say whether that’s because I’ve never played 1, or because the storytelling is nonsensical.

Thankfully the gameplay carries the game (I’ve owned it for a few years on WiiU), because it is fantastic. But the story and characters are fucking weird.

Fixed that for ya.

I’d say one is definitely worth checking out. Its one of the best action games ever made.

Bayonetta has the better combat system overall with some ups and downs in the game itself. Bayonetta 2 is a little more polished. I don’t like it as much.

Rumours floating around about Diablo 3 and Fortnite hitting Switch later in the year.

Oh god, I hope not. I’ve leveled up Diablo 3 characters on three separate platforms. As much as I lurv the Switch, and as much as I love the idea of Diablo 3 on the go, I don’t think I have it in me for a fourth do-over.

-Tom

Diablo and Fortnite would be awesome. That would push me over the edge to getting my own Switch and stop stealing my son’s.

Haven’t played Diablo since the original. If 3 is awesome, I’ll nab it.

Titan Quest is already announced for Switch, and I think I’d actually prefer that to Diablo 3 since TQ is the better game offline, if D3 even has offline play on Switch at all.

Nice try. If they put Diablo on Switch we’re playing it.

ARPGs are an underrepresented genre on the Switch. Titan Quest will satisfy, but Diablo or even something like Grim Dawn would be top notch.

Don’t forget Victor Vran is out soon too!

I never thought a console would take me away from PC gaming but the Switch is eating up all my gaming time already and with Diablo type games coming…yeah the Switch wins.

Doom got motion aiming in the latest patch along with some performance tweaks for handheld mode. Motion stuff works very much like it does in Splatoon. So I guess I’m playing Doom again.

I know! That’s why I’m hoping they don’t put it on the Switch. I’m going to feel awfully silly playing Diablo 3 all over again for the fourth time.

-Tom

Oh man, I couldn’t quite justify getting it on console just for the direct movement control, but on a handheld? Don’t think I could resist. It would be perfect for seasons. I do wonder how it would perform with a lot of enemies on screen and effects going off though.