Nintendo finally reveals the Switch console

I never thought a console would take me away from PC gaming but the Switch is eating up all my gaming time already and with Diablo type games coming…yeah the Switch wins.

Doom got motion aiming in the latest patch along with some performance tweaks for handheld mode. Motion stuff works very much like it does in Splatoon. So I guess I’m playing Doom again.

I know! That’s why I’m hoping they don’t put it on the Switch. I’m going to feel awfully silly playing Diablo 3 all over again for the fourth time.

-Tom

Oh man, I couldn’t quite justify getting it on console just for the direct movement control, but on a handheld? Don’t think I could resist. It would be perfect for seasons. I do wonder how it would perform with a lot of enemies on screen and effects going off though.

Well it’s far from a sure thing. But if they did it, it should run better than this:

That’s great news. I hope this becomes a trend.

Same. Doom gets motion aim, Bayonetta gets a Link costume. Eventually all games will be Breath of the Wild.

They should put Koroks in Diablo.

I scanned a Boo amiibo in Bayonetta 2 last night and got a Chain Chomp leg weapon.

LOL! That’s awesome!

Interesting that I’ve seen an article this morning that Panic Button has other titles in the pipeline. If they can pull off Doom and Rocket League, why not Diablo?

Not saying it couldn’t be done (and, to be fair, I’d forgotten it came out on last gen consoles). I’m just being cautious. Doom, while a marvel on Switch, is not without issues.And Rocket League is way, way less visually and especially CPU demanding than Diablo.

But the 360/PS3 comparison shouldn’t be overlooked, since it already had a fully supported version of Diablo 3. And the Switch is significantly more powerful than an Xbox 360.

I saw fail0verflow managed to put linux onto the Switch; awesome :-)

Is there a separate thread on switch Friend codes? Would like to get some qt3 people on my list.

There are a few (very few) in this thread and a couple more in the gamer tag spreadsheet. I do wish we had a better / more complete list since so many have bought a Switch recently!

Here’s mine if you wanna add me:
SW-8140-3543-2052
Thanks, diego

I’d recommend people just use the QT3 gamer tag sheet rather than make threads. But so far there’s only three on there. :)

https://creator.zoho.com/tagjosh/qt3-gamer-tags-2014/#View:Qt3_Gamer_Tag_Input_Form_View

Search this thread for SW- to find a bunch. Well 4, including myself and @dgallina … :P

Clicking on a person’s icon will bring up their tags, if they have been added to their profile. I haven’t added my switch info yet - have to figure that out and update.

Yeah but then you have to go through every user and click their profile to see if they’ve even got a tag added there. :)

SW-8144-8510-7721

I started playing Dragon Quest Builders over the weekend, and wow am I hooked. I know it’s been mentioned a couple of times in this thread and the game has been out for a couple years on Playstation, but I want to make sure people who might be interested in it check it out. On the surface it’s a Minecraft rip-off, but really it’s a far more structured game. Yes you have the basic hit stuff in a blocky world to get materials to build things with, but add onto that quests and city-building with a little bit of tower defense.

Took me maybe 10-12 hours to beat the first chapter, and I was a little worried at the end as it felt like end-game. I was pleasantly surprised with how they reset you for chapter 2 with plenty of new stuff and a new focus for your town. That’s where I’m at right now and I couldn’t be happier I gave this game a try.