Nintendo finally reveals the Switch console

Not sure of your daughter’s age, but my 5 and 7 yr old daughters had a blast playing Kirby together.

@Oscuros This. Go with these as they are not only cooperative, but require cooperation. You are working towards the same goal at the same time in a way that requires the other person to complete the task like Snipperclips and not like other games. For a parent/ child experience, I suggest both.

Those both look fantastic thanks! Kirby also looks fun.

If you enjoyed the demo, definitely check out the full game, it’s wonderful and unique. @Chaplin is spot on too; they’re all proper coop games.

So, apparently, Europe is getting a physical release of Taiko no Tatsujin, including the drum, but the US is getting digital only. The bundles are sold out at the Japanese places I’ve used (play-Asia & CDJapan). I haven’t imported a game from Europe since Rollcage 2, 18 years ago. Actually, it was probably Richard Burns Rally in 2004.

Anybody got on a line on a good place to import from Europe?

Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate demo is out today (in Au).

Wonder if that’s gonna be a gamescom announcement?

Official.

More importantly, Nintendo tweeted a Skype chat between Reggie and Mike Morhaime to talk about the game and on Reggie’s desk…a Skull Kid figure! Is it an Amiibo for an upcoming Smash appearance? Is Ocarina HD coming to Switch? Fun things to think about while barbarian smashing your way through Diablo 3 for the 90th time!

“Fall 2018”, though. I mean if they don’t even have a release date at the end of August it’s probably March, right? I’ve got some flights in early November but I don’t want to get my hopes up.

Yaas… Portable Diablo. And I’ve never played III at all.

I think Guild Wars 2 will be next, don’t you @tomchick ?

There is already a wiki page about it ;)

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Switch

Dammit!

You got me again, Chapman. It’s like I’ve got my own personal Moriarty.

-Tom

I hate to be a bubble burster, but that’s the Skull Kid from the 3DS Limited Edition release of Majora’s Mask. I have it right here in front of me too.

But why is it strategically placed in this video? Smash Skull Kid confirmed.

This can only mean that you are in fact Reggie Fils-Aime.

This explains so much.

Lol! I wish! Dude always looks so happy. He has the best job in the world IMO.

A great day for Switch announcements! Digital Devolver’s Ninja Gaiden-esque action platformer The Messenger is releasing on August 30. I’m in love with this game’s art style (it moves between 8-bit and 16-bit).

Hmm… is Mark of the Ninja coming to the Switch? Why, yet it is! This Fall, apparently:

https://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/mark-of-the-ninja-remastered-switch

Oh, nice. That was a sudden announcement.

It’s the last game on my Steam wishlist now that I’ve tossed everything else.

Yeah, it’s a nice surprise that I’ll be able to play this in a couple of weeks. I did a culling of my wishlist recently, too. Now it’s just for the three games that I know I’ll actually play.