Nintendo finally reveals the Switch console

Dead Cells is another good platformer roguelike(?) worth the price.

Those are both games I want but was planning on getting them on Steam when I’m back home. It is tempting though.

I did go out and pick up a Switch today and started playing Zelda BotW and Super Mario Odessey. Will pick up Rabbids Kingdom Battle from the eStore since it is on sale.

I have been repeatedly complaining about Battle Chasers being so much more expensive on Switch. I am not sure the Switch Tax is worth it for this game. Interestingly, this Ars Technica looks at the differences. Its not as bad as I thought, but there are extremes.

That average obscures a wide range of price discrepancies, of course, including some that end up in the Switch’s favor. In fact, a majority of titles listed on both platforms (55.8 percent) sell for the exact same price on both, and an additional 8.9 percent are cheaper on Nintendo’s eShop.

That said, the price discrepancy for the remainder of the Switch’s PC ports can be quite large. Payday 2 , for example, costs $50 on the Switch compared to just $10 on Steam. The 2016 Doom reboot runs $60 on Switch and $20 on Steam. Steam’s frequent sales can exacerbate the differences, too: De Blob is currently $30 on Switch but just $6.59 on Steam—down from a PC list price of $20.

It’s currently $25 and change on Amazon:

Battle Chasers: Nightwar - Nintendo Switch https://www.amazon.com/dp/B072LMWGQS/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_ZsTGBbVE6HVAZ

Oh wow, thank you!

Into the Breach is out today on the Switch, $14.99. I haven’t looked too closely at the game but I know it’s had a whole lot of positive buzz on the existing PC version, so I went ahead and grabbed it.

Sadly, I’m guessing this might be the end of Dead Cells for me, because I love that game, but I’m just not good enough to feel like I’m making progress. If I’ve got something new and shiny to play when I reach for my Switch now, Dead Cells is going to slip away…

Oh thanks for the heads-up. I don’t own Into The Breach on PC and the Switch seems a perfect fit.

GAAAAAAAAH!

Why didn’t I know this was happening!

Other news from the “Nindies” showcase today:

I’m personally excited about TowerFall, and curious about Untitled Goose Game, obviously.

I’m all over Untitled Goose Game. I love the low-poly, flat colour style that’s been building traction over the last few years.

Mineko’s Night Garden looks gorgeous too, had my eye on that for a while.

And as a local multiplayer nut Samurai Gunn 2 should be right up my alley:

Awesome! I am rewarded for my faith, as I don’t believe a Switch version was announced at launch. It was hard to resist, but my gut told me to wait. To be honest, this port comes a lot sooner than I expected!

I feel kind of the same way—I’ve had a Switch, heard good things about Into the Breach, and was pretty sure I heard there was a port on the way, but there was never a release date. Until a couple weeks ago I didn’t have a PC anyway so there was no temptation to get it there, but then I got a laptop and started making a Steam wish list and was getting pretty close to pulling the trigger on the PC version.

So today’s announcement was a delightful “Hey, the Switch version is official, and the release date is NOW!” surprise.

Seems pretty clear to me Nintendo asked them to keep it under wraps.

Some switch game deals through US ebay here:

In case anyone else is having this issue with Into the Breach (I did):

Omg. Every time this thread was bumped I’d open it hoping to read news of an Into The Breach port. And then today it finally happened!

Time to start hoping for the Slay the Spire port!

They announced it for early 2019 a week or so ago.

Whelp, no need to read this thread anymore then!

Fun!