Nintendo finally reveals the Switch console

Seriously? Zoom out in pocket netherworld and try read the text above the ‘shops’, you’ll see the PS4 text is crisp and readable whereas the Switch is a blurry shimmery mess. It’s quite clearly a lower res. I’m not using 4K either. :)

Uggh. Amazon… seriously. This game is available in stock in all of the stores in my area.

Seriously wtf.

Amazon’s reply:

I’m sorry to know that you have not received the order for “Disgaea 5 Complete - Nintendo Switch”. I completely understand your disappointment as you are a Prime customer and have spent a lot of money to get your order soon.

You pay us 100/year to get speedy shipping that a lot of sites match for free anyway.

I have checked and found that item is currently out of stock therefor you are yet to receive the order. Here I would like to share with you that our supply of some items is limited, and these products sell out quickly. I realize this is disappointing news, and I’m sorry we had to cancel your order.

The item is currently out of stock, we were happy to sell you a preorder of the item, but when it came to actually giving you the item, I guess we didn’t realize how much stock we would get, because it is really hard to stop taking preorders when we run out of stock to reserve. No other retailers can figure this out at all. It is literally impossible.

Further as soon as the item is in stock we will ship the item to you and moreover if you want to wait for the item to arrive so we will be happy to issue 20% discount on the items price.

If you want to wait around for maybe we will never restock the NIS game that likely has a small print run for the initial stock. Wait around to get 12 more dollars off the price! Could be months!

Moreover while researching I can also see that, some of the sellers on our website are also selling the similar item further if you want you can purchase the game from the following sellers. Here is a direct link:

Here, buy the game for 60 dollars from a bunch of resellers that aren’t us! They somehow got stock for this game? And they are selling at the retail price! Wowzers!

Your ongoing patience, support and understanding is highly appreciated in this matter.

We look forward to see you again soon.

We’d appreciate your feedback. Please use the buttons below to vote about your experience today.

This is just so dumb. I mean, I could walk into a best buy and get this for 60 bucks… right now. Why would I wait for Amazon to possibly ship the game to me maybe in a week or maybe in months when they get another one.

This is just… idiotic. I mean, they had to have known how sensitive people would be to switch related or nintendo related items and keeping a good eye on stock, and not overselling pre-orders.

This isn’t even a title with a huge audience.

This reminds me of something…

I am not happy about it, but I would rather wait a week or so and save the $20 to get it through Amazon. I have other games to play in the mean time. If I wanted to pay full price I would probably just download it and not deal with any of this.

I can’t believe this is Amazon’s fault through. Surely they tell Nintendo (or whoever the publisher is) how many pre-orders they need filled. This is just par for the course for Nintendo. They either do this on purpose or they are just lousy at logistics.

Well non-US customers are waiting that extra week anyway. Or a couple days extra at least. ;)

And here in Australia there seems to be this new thing on Switch lately, where the game is out in the eShop but the physical game gets delayed another week… happening with this game, and happened with Puyo Puyo Tetris and LEGO City Undercover too.

The $30 I pay every 2 years for Best Buy’s Gamers Club Unlocked easily pays for itself within the first couple months of purchase and doesn’t limit you to the first two weeks for its 20% discount. Just a thought.

Just a heads up, this just happened to me last week with Injustice 2 and and when they sent me a message about when I could expect it to arrive, it was as far out as mid-July. That was over a week ago. It’s still not in stock, and I’ve been seeing a LOT of new titles not in stock at Amazon lately. I don’t know what the hell is going on, but if you want to play it sooner than late next month, you may want think about hitting up a Target or something local.

I have to admit, I’ve been thinking about this a lot lately but haven’t looked into it. $30 every two years, really?

Honestly, I have not thought about it that much, but the last 2 retail games I bought were through Best Buy, would have basically paid for itself already.

But, I am already paying Amazon for this, even though they end up messing up a bunch with games.

Hmm, ok, thank you for the info. These things can’t be that hard to manufacture, I wonder what the hold up is?

I guess I will just download it if I decide I want to play it now.

Maybe they’re low on stocks of that foul-taste chemical? ;)

I honestly think it’s an Amazon thing, not a Switch thing. Both Injustice 2 and Nioh (being recent games I was thinking of getting) were hard to get from Amazon after release, and they were PS4. Interestingly, I see XBO version of Injustice 2 is actually available.

This isn’t a new thing on Amazon’s part, either - I had to wait over a week for my preordered copy of the 3DS Super Smash Bros. to ship back when that came out, to say nothing of the whole Zero Time Dilemma debacle, where people who preordered from Amazon got to wait weeks or months for their copies to ship, while people who ordered after release got their copies with no problem.

I don’t even really buy physical that much anymore and even I think Gamers club is worth it. Its worth noting that since it the 20% off never expires you get that discount on sale priced games as well (outside of black friday) It also works on games that have hardware attached. For instance my rockband full band set was 50 bucks off because of gamerclub. If the majority of your purchases are physical it really is a no brainer, even on top of amazon.

Yep. The new release discount is great, but that 20% off sale prices is where it really shines, especially if you’re a fan of Nintendo’s first party stuff that seems to have a $40 price floor. $30+ off collectors editions that I don’t have to worry about UPS manhandling is great peace of mind too.

I tried out the disgaea 5 demo. I like the battle gameplay but I’m too turned off by how anime it is to pull the trigger. Literally the first person you see is a teenager with her tits out.

I thought that was going to be a problem, but the sales immediately before and after BF allowed CGU members to get prices that were often better than the BF sales. Well played, Best Buy.

I just wish I could buy a freaking Switch. Ready to play my first Zelda game after I finish ME: Andromeda on the Xbox One. Missed the last Amazon “in stock for Prime members” by that much (showed in stock on the page, out of stock by the time I added it to my cart.) Alas, I picked up the Pro Controller and Mario Kart 8 already since I had some Amazon credit, so the bundles aren’t a good option for getting one quicker.

(Also, I have owned virtually every Nintendo handheld, but never a Nintendo console. Why would I want an NES when I had a far-superior Amiga? I guess the Switch would break that cycle, but I could just never plug it into the TV to keep my record going…)

Amazon updated delivery day for Disgaea 2 is May 29th. I can live with that to save $20.

Still no delivery date for me. Wanted to play this weekend. I am now an “unlocked” gamer who will be using Best buy from now on. Canceled on Amazon.

Let me know how that experience goes for you. I’m probably going to look at becoming a Gamer’s Club member, I can’t see any downsides (hell, we have to pay tax on Amazon now too, and seeing as how I can walk out of a store with my game and not wait for shipping, I’m having a hard time thinking why I should be buying my games from Amazon…?)