Nintendo finally reveals the Switch console

I’d really like to see SNES games, but if the online works then $20/yr is great by comparison.

If they keep adding games to the catalog each month this service will be amazing. I’ve been wishing for Nintendo to offer this for a long time, essentially Netflix for their back catalog.

Their online has been superb in the games that really require it like Splatoon. Seamless is not an overstatement.

And their online for Smash (both 3ds and WiiU) has always been horrible. Just the worst. It would be unacceptable to charge for the likes of this going forward.

And Splatoon was anything but seamless in its hey day. But things improved as popularity waned.

Could this be the Pokémon ‘Stars’ for Switch announce?

Tune in on June 6 at 7:00 a.m. PT/10:00 a.m. ET for Pokémon news in a special, 8-minute Pokémon Direct.

http://www.nintendo.com/nintendo-direct/06-06-2017/

Nope!

What was it?

First Pokemon game for switch will be Pokken Tournement

Fantastic game. I have it on Wii U and I love it to bits.

Pokken for Switch (and yeah, it’s a solid fighter I will buy again) is getting the MK8 treatment, basically Pokken with the dlc added in and a new 3v3 mode.

Also Pokémon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon for the 3DS. Not really a surprise, the shortest time between a new system and a full on Pokémon game for it has to be close to two years, but a Switch port would have been nice. Especially since it seems like they were planning for it by greatly reducing the amount of cool bottom screen features in Sun and Moon. But oh well, maybe the gen 4 remakes will hit the Switch next year.

Same screen multiplayer is new! Definitely looks cool.

In addition to Pokken Tournament DX and Ultra Sun/Moon, there’s also the Gameboy Color Gold/Silver on 3DS virtual console.

Ah well, I am still holding out hope for Nintendo’s E3 stream!

You probably shouldn’t. The stream is only about 30 minutes long and is focused on 2017 games, most of which we already know about. Expect a lot of Mario and Splattoon and probably stuff about Pokken, Fire Emblem Whatever That Musuo Shit Is and hopefully Zenoblade Chronicles 2. If we get a Smash annnouncement that would be cool.

Theres an outside shot they surprise us with another big holiday 2017 release but I think they’re banking on Zelda/Mario/Splatoon/Kart to be enough for this year, especially given that nobody can even buy a Switch yet and that’s not letting up anytime soon.

But it’s not all bad! I don’t think Nintendo will show a lot of new stuff at their direct, but I’d expect more and more indies and third parties to be showing off Switch stuff, so that should be exciting.

Quiet you. ;)

Realistically, yeah you’re right. It’s probably a 2018 game and unlikely to be shown. Assuming it exists.

You really can’t set your expectations too low when it comes to this stuff :) There’s a decent chance the inevitable gen 4 remakes will be Switch games next year, but we won’t hear anything about that until after Ultra Sun and Moon are released because then why would anyone buy those.

I’m kind of glad US&M aren’t Switch games, though. I liked Sun fine but I think all of the hand holdy stuff really wouldn’t hold up on a second playthrough. So at least now I’m not tempted.

Randomly decided to finally get a switch (for reals this time, in person so I can’t cancel an internet order). Brickseek shows the local wal mart has 5 in their inventory system, but they are hoarding them in the back. Best buy sales guy said they had two in the back but couldn’t sell them until Sunday for “some event” and Target is holding theirs in the back because they have a sunday circulation announcing limited inventory on Sunday.

So I guess Sunday is the day if you want one retail.

Weee. Randomly decided to check Target’s website and it said “limited availiability” for my local store. I called and they had two, one of which is now in my possession.

The dock and handheld portion (without joycons) are both much smaller than I expected (but not too small for sure).

Nice! I was at one of the local Target stores today and they did not have any consoles but I noticed that the peripherals are finally stocked better. They’re still selling them almost as fast as they get them in.

Yeah, Target’s website doesn’t even show the console now, just games and accessories.

Gamestop has preorders on bundles shipping 6/30. There’s a Zelda bundle where the only ripoff is $20 extra for a USB C cable (That’s listed as USB 2.0? Ah, Nyko…) and charger, so I ordered that. Then I remembered I’d already bought Mario Kart 8 on cartridge, and my goal is to only have one cartridge game and everything else digital. So I cancelled it and I’ll keep watching for one locally…

Google still brings it up:

https://www.target.com/p/nintendo-switch-with-gray-joy-con/-/A-52052007

Even shows units at a different target near me.