Nintendo finally reveals the Switch console

Even with the straps it’s still awkward (imo)

Time to act on that promise, @CraigM .

Hey, have you seen the Nintendo thread? I don’t get hyped.

I am now in full blown losing my mind territory here. Done, as soon as I can. Which may not be until Christmas, but definitely by then.

Don’t worry, @CraigM, since only a name was shown today, I’m guessing the game is still a couple of years out. So you have that time to wait for the Switch library to build up and the price to come down.

I just did. Glad to see you excited like that! Videogames rock.

And yeah, as @Rock8man said, I think you have plenty of time to wait. No rush. Yet. ;)

totally LOVE the pro controller. it pained me to buy it but really love it. Knowing I’m going to be playing Splatoon 2 later, as well as the other Mario games (ie. platformers) made it nearly a no brainer.

I’m not a fan of putting the 2 joycon’s in to the little clipdoc making the quasi-single controller.
It works, but compared to the pro-controller. it’s night/day!!

I bought the pro controller for Zelda but ended up mostly playing it with the detached joy cons without the grip. The grip makes no sense to me. It’s like hey you could have all the freedom in the world to put your hands in a natural position or you can force your wrists into this one spot for your entire gaming session like some kind of medieval torture device.

They may take our third party exclusives but they will never take our freedom!

Yeah, the Pro Controller is close enough to certain other consoles that I convinced my kid I’d brought home a prototype Xbox One X controller, until he noticed the letters on the buttons were all wrong. :)

Maybe if I could find a freaking Switch to go with my Pro Controller and Mario Kart cartridge, I’d get the game and talk about it. :)

Finally got one this morning at Target! Even the neon version I wanted. Plus 5% off, yay Target card.

Now that I have one, I fully expect them to be available everywhere by Saturday. You’ll probably see them behind the counter at 7-Eleven.

Haha! Congratulations on your wise acquisition. :)

Wow, this is looking to be shaping up nicely. Full of imagination - I had to tear myself away, I think I want go in fresh from now! The 2d bits that play out on walls are pretty cute.

edit: Odyssey set to support ALL available Amiibos, according to dev diary:

So I thought for sure the Mario & Rabbids game would be of no interest to me. Sure, sure. Ubisoft crossover title. I’ve got no interest in what Ubi does, so YAWN.

Then I watched it.

Turn based tactics Mario? It sounds like a terrible idea, but it looks like Mario-Com. Mario Fantasy Tactics.

I love tactics games. I like Mario. I’ve no interest in Rabbids. I want to play this game now.

Rabbids are pretty damn funny if you ask me. I am sure they’ll be parodying lots of Mario stuff in clever ways. I’m looking forward to the humor as much as the tactics-based gameplay!

Also, I’m on Odyssey blackout now. I’ve seen enough to pre-order.

Yep, I’m right there with you. Probably the game I came away from the E3 reveals the most excited for, which I never would have guessed in a million years.

Jake Solomon’s take on the title. :)

Oh give me a break.

???

What are you referring to?

oohhh very nice to increase the portability!!

I shall buy many of those for I never had the choice.

I had a similar reaction because the article is just so dumb. There are tons of “turn-based combat on a grid” games, and Jake Solomon didn’t invent them. Not that he claims to… the “flattered” part seems entirely made up by the author of the article.

I would argue that even if XCOM wasn’t the first turn-based tactical combat on a grid game, the movement system, cover/half cover indicators, and over-the-shoulder action cam in Mario + Rabbids does look “inspired” by XCOM.

Not that it’s a bad thing.