Nintendo finally reveals the Switch console

Holy cow. That’s … not easy to find. OK, mine is 7907-9724-4485. It’s not a bad thing to post it publicly, is it?

And now we’re friends.

Australia, unfortunately. ;) Our EB Games has them. Their parent company is Gamestop so maybe they’ll have them soon too?

I think this is like those day 1 console reveal preorders though. They don’t know anyithng about availability or price yet, but they’ll happily take my money.

Whaaa? Go to your page from the main screen and it’s right there in profile.

Platinum might be teasing some Switch ports for Bayonetta:

Same colors as the neon Switch gamepads. Just a rumor, but I’m sure they’re looking for work.

Sent friend requests to shield wolf and Ephraim.

My code is 6658-8825-1097.

According to Eurogamer, the official Platinum Twitter account liked a comment pointing out the image’s color-coded connection to the Switch, so that adds to the speculation.

Edit: There’s going to be a Splatoon 2 Direct this Thursday. For those planning on picking up the game digitally, the download size for the full game is 3.1GB.

Thanks Vesper. Adding you.

Damn it. I should stop tracking this thread. I adore Splatoon and don’t have a Switch. Hnnngh.

I’m starting to think that Nintendo is content with the eshop as it is. How hard is it to revamp the shop? Its disappointing coming from the Wii U which had the best digital store front of all the consoles.

I think they’ll do an eShop revamp after the Holidays. My guess is they’re getting heavy traffic on it and concerned about it getting heavier through the end of the year. Keeping it barebones alleviates some concern.

I actually paged through everything available yesterday and it didn’t take long so there isn’t enough there yet to cause too much trouble finding what you want. I agree that the Wii U eShop is awesome.

I’ll second that, at least after experiencing what Sony had to offer on the PS3 and Vita. Eeesh. Those were grim.

Splatoon 2 looks really good, man. You need to get that budget in order to get a Switch. :)

I know the podcasts I listen to went nuts for Splatoon - is it just a multiplayer thing?

The original had a single player campaign. The sequel has, according to Nintendo, an even bigger campaign and a bunch of other offline modes including a horde mode. They have a Nintendo Direct scheduled for tomorrow morning focused on Splatoon 2 so that might be worth checking out if you’re on the fence.

Edit: also worth noting for the weirdos that buy cartridges and/or preorder games: S2 is currently on preorder sale for less than the normal Amazon Prime preorder price (but does not get an additional discount for Prime members):

https://www.amazon.com/Splatoon-2-Nintendo-Switch/dp/B01N9QVIRV?th=1

I’d liken it to Titanfall 2 where the MP is the focus but the SP is a blast. The last boss in Splatoon, and the music thoughout it, was so awesome. Reminded me of something Platinum would put out.

The MP was notable for having no means of communicating with other players so toxicity was practically non-existent, but as a result teamwork was balanced precariously on guesswork unfortunately. Here’s hoping the sequel provides some means of coordinating with your buddies at least!

Despite that though, it’s still one of my favourite shooters, particularly online.

Splatoon 1 is my favorite Wii U game, so I’m counting the days until Splatoon 2 is released. Wait, what’s this:

Online play, on the other hand, is event-based and can only be enjoyed during times when Grizzco Industries is open for business. In the original Splatoon, Splatfests changed up the online gameplay cycle with a special event every few weeks. Salmon Run will similarly change up the cycle in Splatoon 2, and with greater frequency than Splatfests.

Really, Nintendo? Splatoon 2’s most significant new feature is a horde mode…that’s only available for a limited time. That can’t be right. I wonder if Nintendo doesn’t have enough confidence in the longevity of the mode or its rewards to make it available 24/7.

Still totally psyched for Splatoon 2.

Platinum are teasing Wonderful 101 for the Switch, releasing official art on the studio’s Twitter account showing a group of players — including Hideki Kamiya, The Wonderful 101’s director — playing The Wonderful 101, but instead of holding Wii remotes or the Wii U GamePad; each players is using Switch Joy-Con controllers.

Ohh nice. Hopefully it can find more of an audience this time around. It deserves it.

If it’s a sequel then I’ll be ordering a Switch yesterday.

Edit:

You’re the 101st Wonder hero in the original (hence the 100) so this could be a sequel, or perhaps a co-op port, which would fit the Switch.

I preordered both Bayonetta amiibos today :/