Nintendo finally reveals the Switch console

YES

I finally find this thing in stock, and the rift goes on sale: 400 bucks for everything. Had to go with the rift.

Because for 100 bucks or so more I got an entire console that I can either sell with a markup to subsidize my peripherals costs or sell to one of you fine people in the hunt with no markup. I’m tempted to also just keep the damn thing for split unit multiplayer since some games offer cart free play locally.

EDIT: But then I saw the rift is on sale with touch and a 100 dollar amazon card for 400 bucks. Time to return the switch and go with the rift.

Digital Foundry released a video discussing whether Nintendo’s plans to port Wii U games over to the Switch is a positive thing.

I don’t even need to watch this. Yes. Port them. A game on the Wii U was a game left to die alone and forgotten. Let people play them!

Ideally every game ever would always be playable on the latest hardware so I’m gonna go with duh.

A Xenoblade Chronicles X port would be a great thing. I’d play it again!

But darn them, they went and made a new game instead. ;)

The common gamer refrain that complains about ports, HD remasters, and remakes always seemed silly to me. In an ideal world, I’d be playing a version of the game that was ported to the latest hardware just minutes before I was ready to play.

Disgaea 5 was updated to 1.0.2 a couple days ago. No word on what was patched, but the performance issues I was noticing are gone - the scrolling is silky smooth and stutter-free now.

So. Delicate question. Does Zelda start off bad and get good or is the consensus that it is just great from the get go?

Because I am a hour or so in and this is utter crap.

MarioKart rocks though which is good and Disgaea is always good so I have high hopes but yeah. Zelda just sucks so far.

It never clicked with me Rod, to put it lightly.

I played 10 hours of Zelda without finding the good parts. But it’s probably worth it to at least get down from the Plateau, and do a couple of non-tutorial Shrines.

But to be more positive, Has Been Heroes is pretty neat on the Switch.

Utter crap? Ouch. Yeah may not be your jam. A shame, though.

Thanks all. Glad I am not alone. Yeah I don’t want to ruin anyone else fun so I wont go into all the reasons I dislike it. But yeah. Not for me is an understatement. Onto different Switch goodness!

For me, it’s sort of a “make your own quite difficult adventure” game. The world is pretty unforgiving, but I think it gets a little more interesting after the plateau because at that point, it’s completely wide open.

I thought monitoring NowInStock was tough! I haven’t camped a retailer for a console since… January for the NES Classic.

What? Ok, You got me. I have to click on that link now. To find out if that’s a typo, or they’re talking about something else.

Edit: Spoiler: It’s a typo.

Eh Kotaku isn’t exactly top tier outfit. They probably meant to say “long Nintendo Switch lines”.

I do like the method of giving everyone who shows up a raffle ticket and holding a raffle every time. It seems like a nice fair way of doing it for the next few years until everyone in Japan that wants a Switch gets one.

Splatoon 2, people. It’s no joke.