Nintendo finally reveals the Switch console

My son has a LeapFrog Epic tablet with Netflix, and it has exactly those kind of controls. Plus the ability to lump apps into buckets, and restrict time accordingly. Only a set amount of time for Netflix and games, but if he wants to use a learning app he still can.

Good point, I imagine that Leapfrog, which really does specialize in products for children, is the best at this. Let the wholehearted Nintendo idea borrowing begin!

If the Switch had Netflix I’d never turn on my Xbox One again.

Yea … that’s true. I’m hyper paranoid/horrified at kids + any unrestricted internet access. Probably reflecting my own strictly curated upbringing here. Trying to stop the flood today… ugh. My unspoken position here was that I liked that Nintendo cut all that out.

I’m sure they’ll eventually be adding it back in, as similar servcies were delayed on the past consoles/handhelds too. The Japan eshop already had a video streaming app added a couple weeks back (Niconico).

Hmm. Definitely not my thing.

So, either i send it back or someone can grab it from me. PM or post if anyone is interested at getting it at cost.

Only think i ask is a gentleman’s/-woman’s agreement not to resell it. And be a regular.

Thanks for the recommendations, LMN8R, Dave, and Ginger!

In the interim, I picked up the all black version of this ButterFox case that supposedly holds the AC adapter in the top section. It does, but it also bulges way more than the product shots show. The top section will not zipper shut all the way with out the adapter pressing down semi-hard on the cartridge/screen protector flap. It is also not nearly as sturdy as it looked, and I can make it crumple without a whole lot of force from a single finger (especially around the raised edges).

The Gioteck case looks like the closest to what I would want. It certainly looks roomy enough for the adapter while closed, and I love that the flap covers the joy cons, too. I could probably live the material, but the straps for the Switch are a big negative. I really, really like the Velcro design of the Butterfox. Of course, it really doesn’t matter, because the Gioteck doesn’t appear to be available in the US. Though it looks like I could import it from GAME if I really wanted to.

I was going to return the ButterFox, but I can’t find anything that I think will be more sturdy. I might end up hanging on to it until more options come out. I wish it offered more protection, but it’s certainly enough to keep it moderately safe in a bag. And the Velcro strap makes it easy to get the Switch in and out. But I guess the search will continue.

Do you think you need a full AC adapter in there? The case I mentioned comfortably fits a USB cable in there, and the cable I have is a USB C to USB A so I can plug it in to charge the Switch anywhere (as long as it’s a strong enough charger)

That case also fits the two joy cons in there nicely too. I could probably fit a 2nd pair of joy cons in there without too much trouble.

Any particular concerns leading you to a hard shell case?

I went with this case:
https://www.amazon.com/Nintendo-Switch-Game-Traveler-Deluxe-Travel/dp/B01MY9JB2U/

I was looking for something that had a hard shell, good build quality, and small in size.
If I’m looking to bring the adapter/etc I’m not really looking for something to say just toss in my backpack as I head out the door.

Need? No. But once I saw cases that were ostensibly offering that, I thought, “Sure, why not?” I have a separate section in my bag for chargers, but it’s getting kind of full, and the Switch AC is a monster in comparison. That said, if I could get everything else I want, it would be the first feature to go.

Just that this is a pricey bit of tech with a big ol’ screen. I feel fine with a normal soft case for my 3DS because of the clam shell design. But, like the Vita, the Switch feels more vulnerable. And I absolutely love that hard case I found for the Vita. It might not be able to stop a tank, but it sure feels like it can.

Makes sense. Good luck on the search!

I was planning to wait for supply to normalize on these, but happened to be standing in the return line at Walmart when they wheeled out some new stock and I grabbed one. Now to figure out what games to prioritize besides Zelda and Has Been Heroes.

Disgaea 5? Mario+Rabbids in 4 weeks!

If you own a Switch and a 3D printer this is for you:

Splatoon 2! Mario Kart 8 Deluxe!

Thanks, but after a couple days of sober reflection, I wound up returning it. I barely have time to play the single player games I have now. I had thought Splatoon 2 looked good to play with the kids, but after researching, found out it doesn’t support split screen.

I’ll probably grab one next spring to reward myself for finishing school.

Such maturity and self-control. I’m jealous. :)

Ditto and it’s great. I’ve been working out of town for 2 months now and this has been awesome.

Now if I could find a set of black joy cons instock.

Dragon Quest Builders 2 revealed for Switch (and PS4). Looks like the first Playstation game, but has underwater and co-op multiplayer.

Sweet. I really enjoyed the first one on my Vita :D