Nintendo finally reveals the Switch console

You mean grey? The black ones are only for dev kits. The good news for you is that the grey ones are the easiest color to find, which means they are only slightly impossible to find, as opposed to the blue joy cons which are fully impossible.

Really. Every store in LA doesn’t have the pair you have to buy the separate joystick

My sister showed me this. Multiplayer means instant interest. I’ll wait to see more to see what else it can offer.

Nintendo being sued by Gamevice (makers of the Wikipad). The lawsuit wants damages and a ban on Switch sales.

Patent trolling sucks.

Haha look at that giant thing.

So I assume Wikipad, Inc. is affiliated with Wikipedia Foundation and it is another one of their free content projects?

Or are they simply trying to capitalize on Wikipedia’s goodwill with consumers?

The term wiki predates Wikipedia, though it’s still a really stupid name. Better than Padly or something I guess.

Different concept but that kind of reminds me of Sega’s GameGear.

Sure, but so do a lot of other terms that have been popularized and trademarked.

Neon Switch in stock on Amazon for prime members.

Neon Switch

Aaaaaand, they’re gone. At 299 anyway.

Saw one on the shelf at my local Best Buy on Tuesday. Maybe the supply is getting better, maybe I was there during the right 10-minute span.

The gray is in stock now, though it might take 1-2 days to ship for prime members.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01LTHP2ZK/ref=ox_sc_act_title_3?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&psc=1

Almost pulled the trigger, but I think I will wait a few months and just get it for my son’s birthday. Would be a fun surprise.

Grab one when you can. My guess is that they’re going to be impossible to find closer to the holidays.

Yeah don’t forget Mario Odyssey releases on October 27… unless they’ve got a ton of hardware ready to go for that, availability may be even tougher then!

Bah, Nintendo couldn’t be that incompetent could they?
(places order)
I normally don’t care about about Mario but an open world version sounds cool, plus I think my son would go nuts for it as well, he loved lego undercover detective.

That + Metriod + XCOM rabids was enough to push me over the edge after getting burned on the Wii U.

I assume you’re being sarcastic with regard to “competence”. This has nothing to do with competence. It’s a fast selling product that they cannot keep on the shelves because it’s extremely popular.

Oh absolutely, assume whatever you want!

Thank you for clarifying your ignorance for the rest of us. I appreciate it.