Nintendo finally reveals the Switch console

At ResetEra, the Nintendo Direct hope is at a fever pitch and somehow that morphed into a poll on flaming Chibi Robo versus Sausage Mii. Apparently Nintendo have voted.

That’s one of my favourite controllers!

Oh and Chibi Robo was adorable. I think my friend wanted it back so I never got to play it more.

The World Ends With You, Dark Souls, Hyrule Warriors, DK Tropical Freeze, and Ys VIII are all being ported to Switch.

FUCK YEAH

Heh, I don’t think I’ve heard about Ys since I played Wanderers from Ys… I didn’t know they made like 5 more games…and I never played the 2 prior to it.

TWEWY Re-release!

Too bad I literally just replayed it this year. Should’ve held out. I don’t think I’m up for another go around right now…maybe in another decode.

Also, NIS America presents SNK’s King Of Waifus.

Dark Souls Remastered? Awesome. I never finished my PS3 playthrough because I got discouraged when I killed a friendly character by accident. I’ve always meant to go back, and a hybrid platform will be perfect. Being able to fit in the grind-ier parts on the go will be a godsend.

I really liked TWEWY, but I’m not sure I’m up for a repeat playthrough. Guess I’ll wait for the reviews.

Mario Tennis Aces looks… aces! The return of the story/rpg mode is huge. If you’ve never played either Mario Golf or Tennis in their portable forms where that was introduced, then you need to pay attention to this. Golf Story fans will probably dig it.

Also, Celeste is by Matt Makes Games. I didn’t know that til I saw it on Retro Game Boards. That’s the fellow who made Towerfall: Ascension which is incredible. I am really looking forward to that now! Available on every platform, but still… portable.

I have no idea what SNK is doing.

One of our sources indicates that Bandai Namco plans to bring all three Dark Souls games to Switch eventually, but the oft-rumoured ‘trilogy’ bundle is not how this will be happening – yet. The Dark Souls Remaster will be launching in May on all platforms.

Wow, now I’m glad the PC version was delayed, otherwise I’d have already bought it instead! :)

Dark Souls is obviously an insta-buy, Tennis is by Camelot so no doubt will rock.

So, does Dark Souls remastered have an easy mode? Asking for a friend.

Yes, the same easy mode every From game has: co-op play.

Anybody else try the DQ Builders demo? Semi-clunky controls aside, I really enjoyed this. Thinking of preordering.

I played enough Dragon Quest Builders on Vita to know that I’ll gladly buy it on Switch, though probably not immediately (for money reasons).

Any opinions on The Escapists 2? It looks sort of fun, but I’m not sure how long it will hold my attention.

That’s great news. I love Mario Tennis, doubly so now that Virtua Tennis has been MIA for years.

It’s the toy you want to buy more toys for.

Yeah seriously. I’ve bought the following hardware accessories since getting into the Switch two months ago. I think (hope) that I’m now all set for home and mobile use:

1. Pro Controller
  2. Glass screen protector
  3. 200GB flash drive
  4. Anker PowerCore 20100 battery pack
  5. Bluetooth audio transmitter
  6. Waterfield Cityslicker case

Never mind the expensive games…

Diego

Damn, those water field cases look gorgeous. But I’m only going to use a case on rare occasion, so I went for cheap/practical. Would love something like that if I were going to commute with it regularly.