Nintendo finally reveals the Switch console

That was my biggest disappointment with the Switch. Hopefully it will get fixed in the next hardware revision.

Eh…not sure how viable straight up Bluetooth audio will be considering how frequently that introduces lag. As far as I know, none of the other consoles support it directly, and all the serious wireless headphone setups are using something proprietary in place of or on top of Bluetooth to make sure the experience is okay.

With the Switch being mobile, it looks like an omission compared to other mobile devices that we’re used to using mostly for video, audio, and “casual” gaming, but I think there’s more to it than just they forgot or wanted to pinch pennies. I wouldn’t hold my breath for Bluetooth support.

My Vita (and PSTV) will sync with my BT headest. IIRC, so will my PS3 and PS4.

While I have definitely noticed lag with Bluetooth on TV (using special adapters) I never noticed lag on my vita when using BT headphones. No idea what the difference was.

You can get your headset to work with Bluetooth on the PS4? Is it a special Sony brand? I couldn’t get my Bose ones to work.

Well now I have to try, BRB.

EDIT: PS4 says “Bluetooth audio devices are not supported by PS4.” So, wrong on that count.

EDIT 2: PS3 Slim would connect, but would not play system audio through the QC35 set. I thought I had synced a BT headset with my PS3 in the past, but I either mis-remembered or that was several system updates ago. Guess I did not RC.

The official Sony headset for Playstation 4 comes with a dongle, so even they think bluetooth is not ideal! ;)

I usually plug them into the controller. That works pretty well, all things considered.

The duel shock controllers use Bluetooth so the support is there, just not for third party devices I guess.

That is one slick case. Pricey as hell, but nice.

I have a Waterfield laptop case. It’s very nice.

I also got a cityslicker case from Waterfield. They asked me how someone in Austin heard about their SF selves, so I told them all about Qt3 and the amazingness here. Surprised I haven’t seen any adverts yet. Great case.

Time zones! The official Nintendo account says 1/18

The fact that they’re saying it’s specifically crafted for kids is to keep the US gamers from losing their minds over Nintendo offering something that’s not hardcore, isn’t it? The US branch doesn’t seem too interested in promoting whatever is coming at 5PM today. Just a Facebook post so far. Expectations set to zero right now.

Then again… it seems like it will definitely stir shit up today…

I expect Qt3 to hate whatever it is.

I expect Dave Long to tell us how much his kids love it when it comes out.

LOL! Who knows? My kids are teens now. The wind blows in odd directions daily.

Hmm.

Some sort of kid friendly peripheral? Maybe specific like bongos or general like a small big button gamepad?

A more kiddie version of Mii’s? Or Miitopia?

A kid exercise app, but more casual? Or music creation?

I guess the megaton version of this is a kid version of the switch itself, no dock, smaller, non detachable controls on sides, cheaper. But no way they kept something like that under wraps.

Seems plausible, actually.

Maybe they’re announcing GTA V Online coming to the Switch.