Nintendo finally reveals the Switch console

Cardboard Mario instead of Paper Mario?

No, cardboard is for Yoshi.

This comes out mere days before my Switch-obsessed daughter’s birthday. SCORE! Take my money now, Nintendo!

And, thanks to good ol’ cardboard, it’s not even very much money. I was pleasantly surprised by the $69.99 MSRP.

Oh god, that targeting noise.

3d printed joycon that holds a smart phone

Original Steamworld Dig hitting on Feb 1. I’m wondering how the first will feel after playing the second…

I didn’t think the original was great to begin with. It was decent, polished and short but it never really held my attention in the same way Heist did.

I actually have it on pc, but the controls felt terrible. I like digging games, though, and 2 has been my favorite game on switch so far.

There’s a nice digital sale going on in the Switch store. Also, Celeste is supposed to be pretty good. Anybody pick it up?

Reviews are very good so far.

I did pick it up, but I’ve only played for half hour or so and can’t meaningfully comment. Does seem to be in the super-hard Meat Boy tradition.

Diego

The switch is awesome, but here’s a weird thing that is annoying.

So I also have a ps4. The default buttons for ok and cancel are switched on the switch compared to other consoles. For the ps4 the ok button is on the bottom, and the cancel is on the right. On the switch, the ok is on the right, and cancel on the bottom.

So after I’ve played on one for a while, when I go back to the other, I’m always accidentally cancelling and selecting stuff.

Crazy Japanese people. (They read right to left.)

Well Nintendo had their button layout before Sony did… ;)

You have it backwards - the default buttons for “OK” and “cancel” are switched on everything else. Remember, “X” on the PlayStation controller means “no” and “O” means “yes,” and they’re reversed over here because western developers were enormous idiots in the mid-'90s, and then it stuck because of inertia.

Playing Zelda then going back to another game on Xbox messed me up immensely. I kept canceling out of menus and dialogues with B when I meant to confirm because the buttons are reversed.

Yep. This is exactly what I’m doing, all the time.

Try playing a game in the same series on two different consoles. I bought a Ninja Gaiden game for WiiU. The combo list makes my brain hurt. YYX just looks wrong.

10/10 for Celeste

PixARK!

head esplodes