Nintendo finally reveals the Switch console

I’ve just scratched the surface with ARMS but it’s fun and I believe it has local 2-Switch multiplayer.

Apparently these games all support local multiplayer with a second Switch:

Do your research first of course, as I know some don’t support all multiplayer modes locally (e.g. Splatoon 2 for one)

Anyone have a tip on when those Shovel Knight amiibos are dropping? My son has been asking me about them daily for almost 4 months. It’s kind of our thing now. Can we get the King Knight amiibo today dada? Sorry son, no release date has been announced.

Do all of those require two copies of the game or is there some kind of sharing?

Sound off!

Top 5 Switch games. Go!

Mario + Rabbids

Vostok Inc

Um

No.

• Namco Museum (free download to play multi in Pac-Man)

That’s it! :)

The rest will require each of the two Switchs to own the game.

That was my assumption, but didn’t know for sure. There are lefty of games that would be great for co-op on a tv, though. We have actually done that with Fire Emblem Warriors using the split joy cons. That’s not ideal, though, since you only get one analogue stick each.

Yep and with two Switches you’d have two sets of joycons.

Still new at this too, but for now I’d say:

1. Mario + Rabbids
  2. Stardew Valley
  3. Mario Odyssey
  4. ARMS
  5. Snipperclips

Big caveats:

• Stardew Valley obviously isn’t exclusive, you may have played it elsewhere.
  • Breath of the Wild would be my number one if I hadn’t already played it on the Wii U
  • Mario Kart probably belongs on the list above ARMS if you don’t already have it on the Wii U, and if you have people to play it with.
  1. Breath of the wild
  2. Mario
  3. Mario x Rabbids
  4. Golf story
  5. Mario kart
  1. Breath of the Wild
  2. Mario & Rabbids
  3. Blaster Master Zero
  4. Has-Been Heroes
  5. Steamworld Dig 2

Note: These are the only games I’ve played on it so far.

So I was planning on picking up Dragon Quest Builders on the eshop tonight, but i noticed that Bayonetta and its sequel are releasing later this week and $60 when purchased together. As much as I’m interested in Dragon Quest Builders, its hard to pass that up.

As for my top 5, it would probably be something like this:

1. Breath of the Wild
  2. Mario Odyssey
  3. Steamworld Dig 2
  4. Mario + Rabbids
  5. Tie between Splatoon 2 and Arms
  1. Breath of the Wild
  2. Stardew Valley
  3. Mario Odyssey
  4. Stardew Valley
  5. Lego City Undercover

To me, BoTW is just phenomenal.

Streets of Rogue on the Switch is a no-brainer for me. That’s a fun little roguelike. The Final Station could be fun, too.

Disgaea 5
Mario & Rabbids
Stardew Valley

How hard or easy is Mario Cart? I tend not to be great with a game pad so a bit hesitant to drop 60 dollars on it.

Game looking most forward to on Switch is Wargroove!

Mario Kart has always been accommodating to newbs, that’s what 50cc and 100cc races are for.

Plus, this edition has an “assisted steering” setting as well.

I also think this is one of the better/easier Mario Karts to get in to.

I have a top 3.

1. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
  2. Xenoblade Chronicles 2
  3. Super Mario Odyssey

Exclusives or everything?

The exclusives you can mostly guess from other responses already and best seller lists already. Zelda, Mario Odyssey, Mario Kart, ARMS, Splatoon 2, Mario Rabbids, Golf Story.

For everything else, it depends a lot on what you’ve already played (or not) on other devices, what you prefer the Switch form factor for etc. I’ve got lots of playtime in the Switch version of Binding of Isaac (so in my top 5) but I expect most here have long since played it to death and don’t have much use for it on the top 5 :-)

Diego