Nintendo finally reveals the Switch console

Oh damn, Smash this year!

Anybody play Treasure Tracker on Wii U? Looks like my kind of game.

Resetera is down. LOL!

Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker is a blast. My middle son finished it on Wii U. Totally worth your time. It’s a quiet and enjoyable puzzle with mild action.

I can’t watch the stream right now. Anything new for the Switch on the horizon that isn’t just another WiiU port? I own a WiiU and pretty much every major title for it, so I’m not interested in buying this stuff a second time.

Yeah, Captain Toad is a ton of fun on Wii U and will be perfect on Switch.

It has a great amount of variety far beyond what I expected from the Captain Toad levels in Super Mario 3D World.

Lots of new games announced too, most of them detailed here:

Octopath Traveler is coming out in June, which is cool. I hope that turns out well.

Thanks for the input @LMN8R and @DaveLong. I will definitely keep me eye out for that one.

Mario Tennis?

The big Splatoon 2 single player expansion will probably push me over the edge on that game too. :)

Yeah, Mario Tennis could be neat depending on how its story mode works.

Yeah, will be curious to hear more about that, since I have no interest in multiplayer

The only thing I ever want to see out of a Nintendo Direct is a new Animal Crossing game for the Switch. And every time I’m disappointed. I don’t understand… AC is one of Nintendo’s most popular IPs, and a Switch version seems like a no brainer. I can only hope they’re actually working on one and aren’t just letting the mediocre mobile game serve the audience.

The other thing I’d like to see is a localization for Monster Hunter XX, but that’s unlikely to happen with MHW out now. :/

Don’t worry, it’ll come at some point. They’ll space out the major teases throughout the year, and save the big bad boys for around E3. :)

I’m still holding out a tiny bit of hope, with all these announcements about how well MHW is doing for Capcom.

Wii U never got a proper entry in the series. Nintendo has always sort of waited until they have a good reason to make a new entry for a particular game instead of throwing something out there. I think the mobile game is it for now as it’s a game built around communication and that device is a better fit than the Switch atm.

Maybe in a year or so. I don’t expect anything in 2018 for that series on Switch. It’s filling up and E3 is still to come.

Nintendo has enough successful blockbuster franchises that they’re going to milk them for a while. Zelda and Mario in 2017, Smash and Pokemon(?) in 2018, Fire Emblem and Metroid Prime somewhere. Animal Crossing is just a matter of time.

I’m still baffled as to why Capcom doesn’t localize Monster Hunter XX.

Pokemon hasn’t been announced for 2018 but Fire Emblem has.

Unless it slipped?

You’re right, I couldn’t remember if they had already given a release window or not.

Probably more likely that Pokémon comes out next year. Usually, new main-series games are announced around this time.

I think I am going to get a Switch and Dark Souls remastered together… since I already have my PS4/WiiU connected to the TV I am planning to play only on the Switch without TV … Playing Dark Souls anywhere is very, very tempting ;)

How good is the switch display?

The display is excellent.

6.2" 1280 x 720 LCD. It’s no OLED, but everything’s bright and sharp. You could always hook it up in place of the Wii-U though - seems most of those games are available on the Switch. ;)

great thanks! … I use my WiiU for backwards compatibility and I am not going to buy my WiiU games again … ;)

Heh… we’ll see. :)

Very pleased about Captain Toad. I never ended up buying it on Wii-U, so it will be new to me, and it sounded great.