Nintendo finally reveals the Switch console

The climbing anything is definitely the best part of the game for me. I hate the horses. I did not play enough to get the motorcycle…is that thing worth it?

Huh. I had no idea. Of course, I’m sure there’s a bunch of secrets that I didn’t uncover, as I came nowhere near 100%.

It’s a little off the beaten path, but logically located IMO. I found it pretty late in the game.

Team Cherry, the developers of Hollow Knight, mentioned they won’t be featured in tomorrow’s Nintendo Direct, but there’s no need to fret as we’ll have a Switch release date this week! :)

Starting in a few minutes…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZYQmrdaW8g

Huh.

I’m going to wind up with LUMINES on yet another platform, aren’t I?

Wonder how much the Banner Saga games will cost. I backed the Kickstarter, but haven’t played more than a little bit of the first one.

Pode looks interesting, but many games like that seem to end up being quite short.

Well that was quick. I missed the first few minutes, got in around the time they were talking Bomb Chicken. Did I miss anything major before that?

Bad North looked cool.

Edit: Oh, found the video at live.nintendo.com. Mark of the Ninja Remastered is an automatic purchase! A few of the other games look interesting, but definitely in a wait-and-see kind of way.

Bomb Chicken looks really cool. I see it’s a Steam Greenlight game. I also thought The Messenger looked incredible. Very interested in that. Overall, I thought all of them were solid looking games at the least.

Mark of the Ninja is cool, but a Switch version of Invisible, Inc. would have been an insta-buy.

Has anyone used the Hori wired gamepad to recommend it or not?

No, but Hori is a brand I trust implicitly.

Hell yes.

I’m very happy to see that Hyper Light Drifter’s coming to Switch this summer. It’s a stunning looking game, which will feel at home on the system.

For those wondering what the best selling indie titles on the Switch eShop were, Nintendo’s released some details.

For the first time ever, Nintendo has released a list of the top-selling independent games life-to-date on Switch. The actual life-to-date sales numbers were not released, but head of partner management for Nintendo’s publisher and developer-relations department Damon Baker presented the unordered top ten list of Nindie titles over the Switch’s first year.

SteamWorld Dig 2
Stardew Valley
Kamiko
Celeste
Fast RMX
Golf Story
Enter the Gungeon
Overcooked Special Edition
NBA Playgrounds
Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove

I’m surprised to see Celeste in the top 10 already. Word of mouth must be super positive.

I’m looking for worthwhile platform exclusives for my Switch and this is all I can come up with since a lot of the indies have PC/Steam versions:

-Zelda Breath of the Wild (debatable if one already has the Wii U one like I do)
-Mario Odyssey
-Mario Kart 8 Plus or whatever it’s numbered
-Splatoon 2
-Bayonetta 2
-Golf Story
-XenoBlade Chronicles 2

I rebought Overcooked, Stardew Valley and Minecraft of course.

ARMS
Mario Rabbids
Sonic Mania if you don’t have it somewhere else. Ditto for Bayonetta 1 and other good indies

Diego

Was ARMS any good? I heard it was a one trick pony gimmick.

What game is Diego?

ARMS can be controversial. I’d say it’s surprisingly deep if you like fighting games. Suggest reading some reviews on different sides of the question to see if you can guauge whether you’d like it.

Hah. My wife might call me (Diego) a peculiar kind of game.

There’s an ARMS global testpunch coming up I think, the weekend of Mar 31.

Also…
Kirby Star Allies
Fire Emblem Warriors

…and I can easily recommend ARMS if you enjoy fighting games. It’s got two control schemes, traditional or motion controlled and both are great.