Nintendo finally reveals the Switch console

Well this escalated quickly.

I picked up some little indy game called “Wizard of Legend” which is pretty fun.

Yeah, that got nice press before release. Definitely interested in it.

One thing to be aware of, that I didn’t realize prior to getting it… there’s no actual “story” or anything.

You are in a town where you can buy spells and items that you then have permanently and can use to build your “hand” which is a set of 4 spells and an item.

You go into a dungeon, which is comprised of 9 levels, with every 3rd level being a boss fight… probably a super boss at level 10, but I have yet to beat the first boss.

The levels are randomly generated, the bosses are fixed, but their order is random.

You go in the dungeon with the goal of collecting gems, which you use to buy more spells, hopefully letting you do better and get further, earning more gems, etc. Repeat forever.

The gameplay is solid. There are a ton of spells which enable lots of varied styles of play.

The difficulty curve is reasonably steep, but I’ve found that I’m making steady progress and consistently improving.

Overall, fun game.

I fee like I walked into a room and Linda Blair grabbed the crucifix.

Splatoon 2 World Championships

Fortnight released on the switch today… And can apparently play cross platform with everyone… Except PS4 players. Because Sony suuuuucks.

The worst part is that if you’ve ever linked your Epic account to a PS4, you can’t link it to another console platform.

I know that every console maker would do/has done this when they’re in the lead, and I get it… but it still sucks.

Yep. It’s total bullshit.

Does the Nintendo store have something akin to Steam’s wishlist? That game sounds right up my alley, I’d like to pick it up when I’m not sucked up in other games.

It does, but it’s not implemented terribly well at present.

Yeah, if all you want to do is have a grouping of games you want to remember to check out later, it’s fine, but it doesn’t integrate with anything. There’s no notification when a game on the wishlist goes on sale, and they don’t even automatically remove games from the wishlist after you buy them.

Adding things to your wishlist is very easy. But that’s it. I struggle to even find where they hide the link to view your wishlist, let alone the other things it doesn’t do.

Big eShop sale… Discounts on Breath of the Wild and Splatoon 2 among others…

I know it’s been out less than a year, but is $30 really too much to ask for a digital sale for Splatoon 2? Yeah, probably, but I just can’t make myself double dip for more than that, and I really want to stop having to change my game card every time I want to play a round or two. [/firstworldproblems]

Given they just dropped the DLC, I think that’s a reasonable price. Nintendo seems really committed to making these games last a generation rather than producing full sequels. It’s a different take on an evergreen selling game for sure. You basically get the full game and the expansion for $60 right now if you buy it digitally.

Gonna hold out on BOTW until it is 20-30. Wii-U is still packed up, but I don’t know if I can double dip for anything more than 30.

Available now. Don James introduces it. Nintendo executive who has been with the company for 36 years. Pauline is named after his wife.

First ever official perfect port of the arcade game to the home.

Sky Skipper too… never before released in the US and taken from a ROM in the only cabinet from Nintendo HQ in the US.

I’m on the eshop and I see this game called Paladins. I’m reading it and it’s a free to play game except that is costs 29.99? Apparently I it’s going to be released later this lets you unlock everything and get early access.