Nintendo finally reveals the Switch console

It’s a founder’s pack that unlocks all characters in perpetuity. They had the same thing on pc.

I’m tempted to pick it up, but I’m holding out for Arena of Valor.
Is Mario vs Rabids deluxe worth is the base game more than enough?

Assuming the Donkey Kong expansion is around the same size as the other chapters, and that you want more after finishing the game, I’d say $14 would be a good price. And the DLC doesn’t seem to go on sale a la carte, so if you get the base game you’ll probably have to pay $20 if you later want the season pass (the situation I’m in now). The other two bits of DLC didn’t look particularly impressive though.

$30 for the main game is a really good deal though. You’ll get plenty of value out of that either way.

Do the Switch’s controllers have the same functionality as the Wii’s remote? I loved Wii Tennis, so was excited to see Mario Tennis, but can it be played like you could on the Wii with the full movements?

The main game in Mario Tennis Aces plays more like a fighting game with special moves and counters. Seems like there’s a lot of depth to it, but no motion controls.

It does, however, also have a feature called swing mode that is being sold as an improved Wii Sports Tennis. There’s definitely footage out there but it sounds like exactly what you’re looking for.

What Mike said, but I can tell you from my experience with the Aces weekend that they had recently that the main game is worth the price of entry alone. It’s fantastic. Having the swing mode is just icing on the cake.

Downloaded the Arms demo. If this is representative of the full game I have no idea where they get off setting a $60 msrp for this title.

Any buyers? (Amazon pricing error).

Reminds me of an old Price is Right game where you had to decide which numbers in the price to keep.

That trade in value is pretty sweet though.

Yea it occurred to me after i posted that anyone who had one of these should try and trade it in right now (dubious morality of it all aside).

Used might be the better way to go.

Japan eshop got a captain toad demo yesterday. Hoping we get it here too.

I’m interested in that one too. A puzzle-platformer $20 cheaper than the usual Nintendo stuff seems like a good deal.

It’s available now here in Australia too.

Good to know. Suppose I could make a foreign account, but sounds like it will be rolling out everywhere

Oddly it wasn’t in the ‘coming soon’ section yet, I had to search for it.

Ah wait, yeah it’s there, way down the list a bit.

Captain Toad is a lot of fun. Nothing terribly mind bending, but a great time.

As an aside, I finally bought Golf Story in the current sale that ends tomorrow. It’s great! Only played like 20 minutes, but it’s sort of exactly what I expected and yet subverts that a little bit at the same time with the quirky humor. Fun!

I also bought Arcade Archives Donkey Kong. As an arcade game, Donkey Kong stands up really well still today and getting it pixel perfect with leaderboards and in all three versions is just super cool. Notable is that you can play it vertical in portable mode! I have to admit that I want a lot more arcade games on Switch for that reason alone. It’s just so cool to be able to play in the original format so easily even with a monitor I can rotate at home to do it at the PC.

Man, I need more talk about West of Loathing. I am loving the hell out of this game and it cost me like 11 magic beans. DaveLong, get your influencer butt on this! :)

I’ve avoided it because a) the box art looks half-ass, and b) I haven’t played Kingdom of Loathing yet.

But I guess now I should look into it.