Nintendo finally reveals the Switch console

Yeah, for the super hard core there are programmable amiibo tokens that can act like the figure you code them as, minus the figurine of course.

Personally I want one of the cool Bayonetta Amiibos. But I haven’t gone down that rabbit hole because I fear that I’d start a useless collection of cool Amiibos.

I really don’t like this Amiibo thing. I don’t even know what exactly they do for you, but I feel I am missing out on something because I am not buying branded crap.

The best part about the Super Mario Cereal amiibo is that games read it as a “delicious” amiibo.

In general, I don’t think you miss out by not collecting. Amiibo generally get you costume stuff or bonuses that you could get grinding.

Wise move. This coming from a guy who said “Oh, I’ll just buy the Shulk amiibo”, and now has 12.

I really resented how difficult it could be to get certain Amiibo for a while. I don’t know if it improved, but it seemed like a real “fuck you” to the consumer to use the games to tempt us to spend more money on these things, and then make some very Nintendo choices about limited quantities and distribution.

I eventually got my Majora’s Mask Link, which was the only one I really cared about that I had trouble finding, but sheesh, it annoyed me for a while.

they seem to be even rarer now. It appears that Target is completely dropping carrying Amiibo’s in store.

Does anyone have trouble with joy-cons dropping inputs occasionally when playing in docked mode?

I remember reading about some kind of issue with joy-cons disconnecting in the early days of the Switch, and I’ve never had a controller drop the connection entirely. But it’s pretty common if I’m sitting on the couch to have an occasional lost or delayed button press. When I notice it I try to position myself more deliberately so my hands have direct line of sight to the dock, but that doesn’t seem like something I should have to think about.

It happens often enough that I notice it and come here to complain, but I haven’t gone so far as to make note of whether it’s always one particular joy-con or not (I have two sets, couldn’t tell you if it was always a right or left or blue or gray or whatever).

I have that problem too. The left one on on the originals that came with the console and the right one on the pair I bought after the fact. I’ve contemplated return fraud.

Yeah, I’d see if you can move the Switch a bit closer to where you are sitting. A couple of feet may help. And make sure you have clear LOS (while maybe not strictly required, can’t hurt to improve signal). E.g. when sitting in the couch, if my right hand drops to couch level the signal can get spotty.

I don’t use the Joy Cons very often, but when I first tried, I had serious intermittency issues with them. I did a soft reset, as described here, and it seemed to take care of them.

There is also an option to update the controllers in the system settings menu that you should use to make sure they have the latest firmware. For some reason that’s not automatic when applying a system update.

Interesting. Didn’t know that.

Just picked up a couple of these:

Yeeeeeeeeesssssssss!

https://www.nintendo-insider.com/taiko-no-tatsujin-drum-n-fun-rated-by-australian-classification-board/

Meh, I’ll wait for Drum Hero: Meshuggah

Time to start working on a pair of taiko drums with a shoulder strap and a Switch dock.

Or cardboard drumsticks from the Nintendo Labo stuff.

Yes all of that.

So Ravi Drums is forgiven?