Nintendo finally reveals the Switch console

The delightful looking Bomb Chicken is releasing on July 12! Game Informer has some nice gameplay footage.

In what day and age would that not be wordplay?

Including Now or Never! from Splatoon? Sold.

As seen on Eurogamer (red highlights mine)…

FYI, there’s quite a bit on sale on the eshop at the moment, I picked up Letter Quest Remastered for 2 bucks and Star Story: Horizon Escape for 5 (pre-release; regularly will be 10 and currently 15 on Steam)

Yooka Laylee on sale for 30 bucks. Worth it? For reference I liked Banjo Kazooie back in the day.

A lot of people liked Banjo Kazooie back in the day. Turned out they weren’t looking to play it again in 2017.

I have heard both:

This is amazing, it still feels like the games I played in the mid to late nineties

and

This is awful, it still feels like the games I played in the mid to late nineties

I like Yooka Laylee (and was also a fan of Banjo), but personally I’d wait until it’s $20 or less.

Alright I guess I’m holding out still then.

I liked Banjo Kazooie. I’ll keep an eye out for this.

Get ready for 100+ games a month.

I sure hope they redesign the eshop before that. It’s already a cluttered mess.

Does anyone know if it’s possible to make it so that you don’t need to enter your password to use the eshop, and can make it so you only need to enter it to actually buy stuff?

I don’t even use the eShop anymore - I just buy it all on Nintendo’s website. The interface on the Switch is too painful.

Yup. Select your icon once you’re in the shop. It’s non obvious that there are more selections in the right pane — the UI doesn’t indicate this in any way.

So scroll down. You can set when your password is needed, for browsing, credit card, PayPal all separate. You get asked for your password one last time to confirm, then you are a free man.

You get asked your password to buy stuff?

If you want. You could have them all set to no password.

Whelp, last time I bought a console was the Wii. I feel a bit dirty.

Octopath Traveller, here I come :)