Nintendo finally reveals the Switch console

I didn’t post because I was saying I am somehow more careful than anyone else, nor do I doubt that some people did get scratches. My point is that new users shouldn’t feel they need to run out and buy a screen protector just because some people did get scratches. I thought it was a huge issue when I bought my Switch, in fact I think I bought one and never used it, but I would bet for a lot of people, it is not really a problem.

It’s not about the money to me, it’s about having to put something on top of the screen. Its a hassle I don’t want to deal with.

That’s totally fair. I also think if the thing did get scratched it would really suck. I take care of my electronics. I’m not rough on things. I still think it’s worth doing (I made that decision after going in and out of the dock a couple of times and saw a rub mark). But I’m glad you haven’t had an issue. I don’t mean to sound like an alarmist, just think it is a wise investment.

There are definitely scuffs/scratches from inserting/removing frequently. I guess it depends if you really notice or care. With any brand new thing I’m really careful and overprotective initially, then after a month or two care much less. :)

The scuffs are really not that noticeable (I have to look hard to see them), or on the actual visible screen area, so it doesn’t bother me. I’m protector free.

If I were bothered, I’d be more inclined to add some protection to the dock, rather than the device.

Co sign on the no protector, no scratches. Goes in and out of dock all the time. I guess I’m kind of careful? But maybe I’m just lucky on the fit, dunno.

Have a close look with a torch. I initially thought I was scratch-free too.

Or maybe they improved things on more recent models, I have a launch version.

That seems really expensive. I bought this very similar grip on Amazon for a lot less.
https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B07CBJBQHG/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

If you have children, definitely get a screen protector.

Took a closer look with optimum light and angles. Turns out that I have a single, .5 cm scratch. Very faint but real.

Doesn’t affect it in the slightest, but now, THANKS TO YOU I can no longer imagine that the screen is pristine.

Mine is not launch.

I bought a hard case that came with screen protectors, so that is sorted!

Haha, sorry! :)

At least it’s only one, which is far better than mine…

Mine came with either a little divot or glue or something just off center of the screen. I cant tell if the texturing I’m feeling is a hole or a bump, either way its annoying and I’ve tried everything to get it off and it doesn’t help. Unfortunately a screen protector wont help either. My only salvation is to buy the inevitable system redesign. I should have gotten it fixed while under warranty but never did.

This thing is a good alternative for people who do not want to put something on their screen, but are wary of dock scratches and happen to be Zelda fans:

I hate screen protectors, but the glass one I got from amazon worked perfectly. It went on without a hitch, and I was worried about a small bubble with dust in it that I had missed during my heavy cleaning in a post shower bathroom…

But the next day the little bubble/spot disappeared, and you cant’ even tell there is a protector on.

I second this. I didn’t get a glass protector for my Switch (I got one of the other ones), but the one I put on my phone recently went on with essentially no bubbles whatsoever, and I suck at putting those things on. Whenever I replace my Switch screen protector, it will be with glass.

I also think you guys not using screen protectors are insane.

Ooh, Hand of Fate 2 came to eshop. Any impressions?

It’s really enjoyable so far! Seems like a very solid port with good performance given the Switch hardware.

Downsides compared to PC are that it’s not as smooth in combat & doesn’t look quite as good.

BIG upside compared to the PC is that combat with a controller is WAY better than with the keyboard / mouse.

Diego

I need a “ninja dog” mode for this one.

I just bought Enter the Gungeon - never played it before, but it’s on sale for $7.50 and just got a huge update. Seems fun so far!

It’s like Binding of Isaac with guns, and without the annoying obfuscation - meaning that the game actually tells you what every item does instead of forcing you to go to a wiki.

Happy Gungeoneering!

It’s the Guild of Gungeoneering something something, always bleeding.