Nintendo finally reveals the Switch console

I’m all over Untitled Goose Game. I love the low-poly, flat colour style that’s been building traction over the last few years.

Mineko’s Night Garden looks gorgeous too, had my eye on that for a while.

And as a local multiplayer nut Samurai Gunn 2 should be right up my alley:

Awesome! I am rewarded for my faith, as I don’t believe a Switch version was announced at launch. It was hard to resist, but my gut told me to wait. To be honest, this port comes a lot sooner than I expected!

I feel kind of the same way—I’ve had a Switch, heard good things about Into the Breach, and was pretty sure I heard there was a port on the way, but there was never a release date. Until a couple weeks ago I didn’t have a PC anyway so there was no temptation to get it there, but then I got a laptop and started making a Steam wish list and was getting pretty close to pulling the trigger on the PC version.

So today’s announcement was a delightful “Hey, the Switch version is official, and the release date is NOW!” surprise.

Seems pretty clear to me Nintendo asked them to keep it under wraps.

Some switch game deals through US ebay here:

In case anyone else is having this issue with Into the Breach (I did):

Omg. Every time this thread was bumped I’d open it hoping to read news of an Into The Breach port. And then today it finally happened!

Time to start hoping for the Slay the Spire port!

They announced it for early 2019 a week or so ago.

Whelp, no need to read this thread anymore then!

Fun!

Very cool. I hope they spun the chairs when folk got hit by shells :-)

The Messenger is out today. It looks awesome. $3 discount atm too. $16.99.

Also, if you enjoy the Arcade Archives line, today’s release for Neo Geo is one of the most unique titles on the system and in arcades at the time, too. It’s often overlooked in the library of games for the system but it’s one of the coolest, and it’s co-op too!

I own the AES cart for the original Neo and it’s one of my favorites on the system. It came out fairly early on when SNK hadn’t yet hit the fighting game craze and its impact on the system. Well worth checking out.

I just can’t justify spending $8 on these kinds of games.
And my switch basically looks like a steam library at this point (I’m glad you can just load in a huge SD card and dump all your games on it)… but 8 bucks is just too much for these super old games.

If they brought that price down a bit, I’d be much more inclined to pick up a bunch of them out of nostalgia.

…and yet those “super old games” often look and play better than many of the modern retro-styled titles. $8 is totally reasonable.

Eh, I mean sure, there are lots of garbage new games that aren’t worth money either… but even there, you have games like Shovel Knight for $10, or Hollow Knight for $15.

Is a game like the original mario bros half as good as Hollow Knight? No, don’t think so.

Ultimately though, this is just a purely subjective opinion. Folks like you are giving them money for this, and if less than twice as many folks would be willing to buy it for say, $4, then I guess their pricepoint is fine.

I’m just saying that for me, I’d be far more willing to shell out a few bucks for nostalgia titles if it was lower than the current pricepoint.

I am having the bug. But I haven’t checked for a solution yet, have been playing Mini Metro instead.

I’m kind of with you on this. There’s a few select titles I’d be willing to pay $8 for (Neo Geo Turf Masters) but I’d be more likely to pick some others up if they were, say, $5.

Obviously $8 is working though or they wouldn’t keep pumping them out.

Ya, although I dunno how much work they are actually investing in it. It’s more about just leveraging the licenses, isn’t it?

Again, it’s their IP, so they can manage it as they see fit… for ME though, they’d get more money if that pricepoint was lower. But there are apparently folks who will give them money anyway, so whatevs.

Hyper Light Drifter special edition comes out on September 6th for $20. It’s already been getting some good reviews. You can pre-order now: