Nintendo finally reveals the Switch console

Anyone looking forward to the new Mario Party game coming out next week? I haven’t played one since the N64 days, and I’m seriously considering preordering it.

It looks great! I may get it later to put it under the tree because it’s a super game to have on Christmas to bring everyone together throughout the entire Holiday period. I’ll probably hold out til Black Friday to see if it gets a small discount though.

Nope.

Good deal if you’re looking for a huge memory card for your Switch.

Bought a second one for the second Switch I’ve ordered - a Eevee Pokemon special edition. Now that Switch has game sharing it’s practical to have two in the family.

I’d rather have the 200 for 35 bucks, about what I paid for a 128 on sale awhile back

I ran out of space on my 200GB going all digital. I’ve since slimmed down the games I’m carrying around - but I still have a very full memory card with the 400GB.

Depends on what you are playing. Yeah, if you are going to play stuff like Skyrim, I’d certainly go bigger.

Credit where credit is due:

This is great, it’s a shame there was a period of uncertainty casting all this in a bad light. I still hate that there is no free way to manage saves yourself—cloud or otherwise—but the concern about the saves vanishing overnight if your subscription lapsed can be put to rest.

BUT WHAT IF I LOSE MY SWITCH FOR A YEAR?!

;)

Then we’d probably never hear the end of it~

That’s a fun/silly thought experiment: what if you (anyone) just literally misplaced your Switch? How long would you look for it before you broke down, decided that as insane as it is, you really can’t find it, and just bought a new one?

By the way, where did you find that preorder for the Pokémon Switch? Did they ever show up anywhere besides Gamestop?

And how will you react when Nintendo suddenly reveals they won’t let you restore save data to a different physical unit for some reason?

Amazon!

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07H9HH4VS/

The data follows the switch itself and your ID I think. So Nintendo may announce something screwy, but probably not that.

Best Buy had the Pokemon bundle too.

Nice. I ordered from Gamestop because no one else had it. I checked days later and they still didn’t.

Ew. I hope you didn’t catch anything!

I’m pretty sure he caught a Pikachu.