Nintendo finally reveals the Switch console

Those sound great too, just never played them. Kind of disappointed that tropical freeze is still so expensive considering it was a previous gen port.

I agree, but that seems to be standard practice for Nintendo. I’m actually surprised this sale is so good considering all the grumbling I’ve heard about Nintendo’s hesitancy to discount games ever. Of course, other than Tropical Freeze, I don’t think any of these titles are first-party Nintendo (no Zelda or Mario, not that I don’t already own them). Still much better than I expected since I rarely see digital titles discounted like this. Probably going to finally get Mario + Rabbids, maybe VC4 after some research.

Wow, they put a lot of 5 star games on sale this year.

I want too many things so I will get nothing.

I was hoping against hope for a diablo 3 discount. Yea it just came out two weeks ago but it’s also a really old game that is like 20 bucks on other consoles right now.

You can designate primary and secondary consoles. The primary console has access to everything. The secondary consoles has access to anything as long as it has an internet connection, and the primary console isn’t using downloaded content. I can’t tell if it means the same game, or if using any downloaded game on the primary console means the secondary consoles gets booted. Also, on the non-primary, only the “owner” of the game can play the game.

I think you might be able to finagle some stuff with playing the primary in offline mode and using the owners account on the secondary, but to me it mostly ready as: buy cartridges if you might use multiple switches.

https://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/22448/~/what-are-the-differences-between-a-primary-and-non-primary-nintendo-switch

This is a pretty great sale, with lots of stuff from my wishlist. Going to have to do some difficult pruning to avoid going overboard.

Definite:

• Celeste
  • West of Loathing
  • Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon
  • Towerfall

Maybe (probably just one of these):

• Undertale
  • The Messenger
  • Minit
  • Mighty Gunvolt Burst
  • I Am Setsuna
  • Lost Sphear
  • Final Fantasy XV Pocket Edition
  • Shining Resonance Refrain
  • R-Type Dimensions EX
  • Valkyria Chronicles 4
  • Uurnog
  • SEGA AGES Lightening Force: Quest for the Darkstar
  • Sonic Mania
  • Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate
  • Azure Striker Gunvolt
  • Disgaea 5 Complete
  • Thumper

Games I already played but highly recommend for anyone who doesn’t have them yet:

• Mario + Rabbids
  • Steamworld Heist
  • Hyper Light Drifter
  • Bastion

I found a physical copy of Victor Vran for $15 or so, and it’s been scratching the same itch admirably.

I have this on 3DS, is it worth picking up on Switch? Anything new about it?

It’s a great game, but don’t know if this version offers anything new (other than I don’t use my 3DS much now days).

Not that I’m aware of (same with the others on that list too).

Biggest difference for Heist on Switch is of course the higher resolution graphics, and all the dlc is included.

I’m hoping that Into The Breach goes on sale soon. I’ve been hugely interested in it ever since it came out on pc.

Yeah, I just fired it up again last night after a few months break and was reminded how great it is. Might well end up being my GotY.

I think Tropical Freeze is $35 at Walmart for their Black Friday ad starting tomorrow. Physical cartridge of course.

Me too! I pored over the sales list today and was disappointed to not see it listed. Hopefully Xmas time.

It’s up there for me as well. I still go back to playing Into the Breach after beating it, it’s really addictive.

And infuriating sometimes. A miscalculation here and there can annihilate you quickly.

I’ve probably put 75 hours into this game, I swear…

You can run away if you want to keep a Pokemon catch bonus going.

Not totally unexpected…

Can’t send gifts through eShop. Ugh.

https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20181128005283/en/Nintendo-Hits-Big-Milestones-Thanksgiving-Cyber-Monday

That’s surprising to me considering that the Switch, as great as it is, is not the world-conquering device that the Wii was. Maybe the Wii never did big business during Black Friday / Cyber Monday sales since they’ve become a much bigger deal since the Wii’s heyday. In any event, I’m glad to see the Switch still performing well, especially since it was starting to seem that it was fading a little. From elsewhere in the article, I’m also surprised that the SNES classic has outsold the NES classic by over 500,000 units despite launching later and not getting as much publicity.