Nintendo finally reveals the Switch console

Oh, well that’s very disappointing. :(

“Reputation” is a odd translation in this context. It’s “rumor”.

Well, depending how 4 is being designed and what the story is for Samus this time around, it would make a lot of sense to release the Trilogy now on Switch before 4 hits next year.

I hope Nintendo repeat what they did with Bayonetta and announce a collection at the Game Awards with a early release the following year. Back in February, Eurogamer reported that Metroid Prime 4 was relatively early in development, and that Bandai Namco’s Japan team had recently taken over as lead developer, so I don’t know if that will make an appearance. I’m mostly excited for the year of Smash to be over.

UPDATE: Since publication I’ve heard Bandai Namco’s Japan studio is also working on the project, with the intention it will now take the lead on its development while Singapore moves to focus on another Switch game

Oh god, please don’t screw it up Namco.

I don’t get overly attached to game series for the most part. A bad entry? Whatever. But Metroid is special, different. A bad entry makes me feel legitimately sad, because it is my favorite non strategy series by a very very wide margin.

Metroid Prime in particular holds a special place for me.

Flip Grip is so cool. The whole package made me smile and playing with it is fantastic.

Okay, so we’ve decided to get the kids their own Switch for Christmas. This way, they don’t have to beg their stingy, old dad to use his whenever they want to play one of the games we’ve bought them (especially their upcoming gifts of Pokemon Let’s Go).

I was originally going to enforce a “docked only” rule, but now I’m thinking of all the fights handheld mode could help me avoid if one of them wants to watch TV instead.

So: I need a case recommendation. One that can handle the waves of entropy that come off this pair of eight year olds. I want it built like a tank. It doesn’t need a screen protector (I’ll put a tempered glass one on to avoid scratches), but it needs some sort of lip to prevent the screen hitting the floor if dropped.

I don’t care how big the case is as long as it doesn’t hamper playing the Switch. I’ll be using a dock extender cable, so the bulkier or puffier the better. In an ideal world, it would deploy air bags.

From what I’ve heard, the Switch is extremely durable. If you drop it with the joycons on, the joysticks will hit the ground first not the screen. Even if the screen hits first it’s plastic not glass, so it won’t crack, it’ll just scratch a bit. It’s pretty easy to scratch, so the glass screen protector is generally recommended.

The eve of the eve of smash bros and I miss being in high school playing Melee again.

You might want to look at the Power A Messenger bag. It’s large, durable, and can recharge the Switch.

I believe they want a case that remains on the system while in use, something like this (not an endorsement, but it looks decent)

Ah, my bad. Interesting specialty item…

That’s exactly the item I have in my basket at Amazon right now, but it still looks a little lacking. What I want is the Switch version of this:

Overkill? Perhaps. But you have not seen the raw, destructive power of their negligence. I’ll probably go with the one you linked, but I wanted to know if anyone else here had any personal experience or recommendations.

I totally get it. I worked retail. Saw lots of stuff get destroyed.

The Switch doesn’t have an OtterBox case unfortunately, that Mumba seems closest. I’m a little surprised that there isn’t a Nerf case either.

I should probably already know this since I’ve owned a Switch myself for almost a year, but is there any way to use my profile on someone else’s Switch?

I’m assuming there’s no way to do this, but with several friends getting Smash Bros. tomorrow, it would be great if we could use our own profiles no matter who’s Switch we were using.

Yes, if your profile is synced to a My Nintendo, you can link an account on your switch to an existing account. You might have to create a local account first, and the go into Options->Link account, at which point it will say “create account vs. I already have one”. The “I already have one” option has a note that you can, e.g. use it to transfer cloud saves between Switches using the same account.

You’ll probably have to do this n^2 times (i.e. for each account on each Switch).

This shouldn’t impact their “Primary” Switch at all, although if they do have cloud saves, you may want to disable auto-backup cloud saves on those accounts on your Switch just to make sure they don’t accidentally over-write their cloud save.

Do you have hardwood floors? I think the Switch, even with eight year olds, would be ok if your floors are carpeted, but I guess I’d be more inclined to get some kind of case if the floors are laminate, wood, stone, etc.

This is kind of the killer use case for the Switch. Even if I rarely take the Switch anywhere, just the fact that I’m able to makes it the most appealing platform. I’m even rebuying games I own on other platforms, just so I have that option in the future!

Diablo 3 is apparently 40 bucks on the eshop right now and I am seriously resisting the urge to triple dip. I beat it on the PC when it first came out but didn’t go much further than that. Played act 1 on the PS4 hoping it would scratch a nostalgia driven gauntlet legends itch, but it didn’t. Portable however has me intrigued, I think that’s what gets it to click, but I just really don’t want to triple dip. If only I didn’t buy the ps4 version at full price!

Edit: Caved like a weak weak man.