Nintendo finally reveals the Switch console

I play it without the ball in handheld mode. It’s cool.

The ball is really fun to play with, and I bet at 5 or 8 it would be even more fun… like by a hell of a lot. Did you order a Let’s Go Pikachu with the ball included? That saves $10 I think?

They will not get Mew without the ball, and they can’t take the Pokémon with them in the ball without it either (obviously) which is a fun little addition. It can also be used as a Go Plus if you play the mobile game with them?

If they never see the ball, you’re probably in good shape because it’s not vital. If a friend has it then it might get a little more dicey for you.

Buying the ball seems like you’re just inviting it to go through the TV at some point.

I bought the ball, cancelled the order, bought it again, cancelled it again… Now it’s not even going to be in stock till Dec 18th. By then my sister would have already won the game, so I guess I won’t bother.

Yeah, next day shipping really helps with impulse buys.

Thanks to this thread I impulse purchased Nine Parchments yesterday. Now I just need the right occasion with friends to play it!

While I was buying Nine Parchments, I also saw that The Swindle is on sale for 50%-off. That game was an underappreciated gem IMO. It’s not the cleanest game technically, but it’s a really fun and fairly unique rogue-lite-heist game. I happily re-purchased it for Switch after previously playing it a lot on Xbox. It’s made by Dan Marshall - the funny guy behind the Ben There / Dan That adventure games and a few others since then.

I need to stop buying new games opening this thread. Bad for my wallet.

Christmas is the best time for games like Nine Parchments. Take it along to visit family.

My Alienware Alpha from a number of years ago gets a lot of use this time of year. :)

My switch is basically like a steam library at this point.

Although I did recently find a nice feature. You can “archive” any game on the switch, and it’ll save all the save game data and crap, but delete the game itself… so then later you can just download the game again, and it’s like you never deleted it.

Is there any way to see which games you own but are uninstalled?

In eShop, under your account info, there’s a ‘redownload’ section that shows that.

Thanks (probably!) for the heads up on this one. I say probably because I haven’t tried it yet, but I bought it. Using the “gold coins” I had from buying Smash Bros knocked it down to $3, hard to pass on that.

I haven’t run out of space and actually tested this yet, but going by the descriptions, both “delete” and “archive” preserve your save data. The only difference is that archive keeps the game there in the launcher/menu so you don’t forget you own it.

Maybe someone can help me with Steamworld Heist 2… I’m finally giving this a try but I’m hitting a bizarre blocker.

It’s next to impossible for me to swing my pickaxe horizontal or down. it’s like ALWAYS swinging up… even if I’m pushing to the right, left, or down on the controller. I tried searching for solutions but no such luck… Has anyone come across issues like this before? Everyone raves about this game but it’s like unplayable for me like this.

This was happening while docks with a pro-controller
Tried restarting switch.
Tried un-docking and playing in handheld mode.
Tried with an extra set of joy cons. nada.

HELP! :D

Well I’ve found the flaw in Diablo, Tal Rasha’s Elements make you spam meteors - which rumble the controllers every time they hit. So now they’re rumbling constantly which is unplayable. The only option is to turn off rumble altogether in the Switch control panel which is also not ideal.

I also want to turn off rumble in the game - not at the system level. It’s annoying when I’m trying to play somewhere quiet.

Same here. There are a lot of games I buy because I like the idea of having a small, fun game that I can play either at home or on vacation. Portability is strangely appealing.

Yeah, seriously SO much great stuff!

I’ve bought a few MicroSD cards to keep up & i’m currently at 350GB out of 400GB full on my current one. Would prefer not to have to use multiple cards, but from what I’ve seen nobody makes them bigger than 400GB right now.

Diego

Looking for opinions on the switch for my sorta’-gamer wife. Her preference is for strategy games, sims, and puzzle games. Doesn’t like first-person or action/arcade. She loves Stardew Valley, which is primarily what is making me consider it, but I see they’ve got Civilization on it as well. I’m browsing through the game list and not seeing a ton of other candidates, but there might be some gems hidden in there that I’m not familiar with.

Would be nice for her to have portable console to play while I muck about in Witcher 3 or some-such.

Does she like RPGs at all? If so… Disgaea!!!

Golf Story and Mario + Rabbids are the first ones that come to mind for me.

Dragon Quest Builders would work too.