Nintendo finally reveals the Switch console

And it lacks others, like audio through the controller, a touch pad…

I don’t think those features are in the pro controller, only the joy cons (which cost more)

I thought the same thing you did until I looked it up.

What’s Included

Nintendo Pro Wireless Controller for Nintendo Switch
Product Features

Includes motion controls, HD rumble, built-in amiibo functionality, and more

Take your gaming sessions up a notch with the Nintendo Switch Pro Controller

Battery-powered design for tangle-free operation with lightweight construction ensuring comfort during long-lasting gaming sessions

Compatible with the Nintendo Switch gaming console

or directly from Nintendo (less info actually)"

Nintendo Switch Pro Controller
$69.99MSRP*
Take your game sessions up a notch with the Pro Controller. Includes motion controls, HD rumble, built-in amiibo functionality, and more.

It wasn’t clear based on the marketing it had these features though.

The sound design is such a huge part of why Ocarina of Time had a lasting impact for me. Other games had good sound effects or memorable music, but I can’t think of anything predating Ocarina that had quite that mythical quality. Music is as essential to modern Zelda games as it is to Star Wars.

Good find. Guess I was wrong (although it doesn’t mention the IR stuff).

So between PAX South and Nintendo’s little tour thing, has anyone gotten their hands on one of these things yet? Would love to hear QT3 impressions.

Was hoping for the old Zelda theme, but turned off after the volcano part as I didn’t like the music. The reaction video I managed about 1 second of before I found the original source and had my “own” reaction which I didn’t upload. :-)

Does the game look the same on the WiiU?

If they hold that price across regions, then it’s not so bad. Of course, if it’s just a multplayer tax, then that sucks regardless. I think we need to see more about what that service will give you.

We know that; it lets you play (but not own) one ancient Nintendo virtual console game a month.

Well, yes. There is that, which is frankly so poor that I don’t think it will factor into anyone’s calculations.

you guys are selling the online service short! There is also an app for your smartphone that you can use voice chat and matchmaking through! Still trying to see why anyone would want that over it being embedded in the system but if I keep ending sentences with ! I can convince myself to be excited!

Best Buy has preorders again: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/nintendo-switch/nintendo-switch-consoles/pcmcat1484077694025.c?id=pcmcat1484077694025

Miyamoto has good news for developers!

[quote]
Regarding our software development environment, we have taken the software development
teams for home console systems and for handheld systems, which used to be two different
departments, and integrated them into one, and this has been very beneficial as they are now
developing software as a team in the same environment. In addition, third-party developers who
are making software for PC can now easily adapt that software to work on our platform. In the
current development environment, Iʼd say that it would take less than a year for them to port a
PC game to Nintendo Switch.[/quote]

I hope Ghost Town Games, developers of Overcooked, are paying attention!

Hahah. On the time scale that Nintendo works with their first party games, I suppose that sounds really good. Less than a year!

Right? It’s got to just be some weird wording on Miyamoto’s part because “less than a year” is so vague and 364 days to port a game would be pretty awful.

But a step-up for not at all. This just feels like what they showed, a bunch of old games ported to Swtich. That’s not a compelling reason to buy Switch even if games like Overcooked and Stardew valley might do really well there.

I can’t wait for all those indie games that have been ported to Vita the past 3 years to get ported yet again!

No web browser on launch.

I guess Nintendo will add one post-launch, but it is a weird omission. If the intent is that people plop it in their bags as a gaming tablet, no web browser is kind of a bummer. Not a huge issue though. I don’t think anyone is going to cancel their pre-order over it.