Nintendo finally reveals the Switch console

Crap, I almost had to hit the like button.

[quote=“DaveLong, post:1927, topic:126573, full:true”]
The thing that cracks me up in these threads is Nintendo has been getting a lot of indie support since the Wii and especially in the Wii U era. 3DS sees a lot of stuff too. You’d know this if you play games on Nintendo hardware. It’s really not a huge secret they have been filling lots of gaps with indies and promoting them heavily for awhile now.
[/quote]yep, my 3DS is my favorite indie game machine right now. And indies are the biggest reason I want a Switch.

Oh ahah did not mean to post that. Half-baked post accidentally posted, because Discourse doesn’t forget anything you’ve typed.

Which is amazing because I thought I’d lost a big post yesterday only to login again and find it was still sat there, phew!

In stock on amazon now.

Gogo!

Don’t sleep on Kamiko this week. $5 and reviews are excellent. Switch exclusive too for now.

Yeah, I bought one.

So, yeah.

Got one as well. Will be my new commuting gaming platform.

I am going to pick up puyo puyo tetris, and snake pass to start.

That didn’t last long.

Gamestop has em right now too. But their site is dead. Good luck.

I still don’ know if there are enough games out for me just yet. But, with Nintendo’s stock issues, and the rabid popularity of these things, I figured I better get one now if I want to play Splatoon 2 in July.

I had to jump at it.

1 day shipping free, will be here tomorrow, already on a truck headed my way.

Gamestop did free 1 day shipping for you? They charged me $20 for 4 day.

No, sorry, I got it via Amazon, with prime it was 1 day.

Oh I just got this email.

Thank you for choosing GameStop.com.

We are currently reviewing your order #############. While this review may take up to 12 hours, our goal is to complete our review and release your order as quickly as possible. You do not need to take any action at this time. If we need additional information to process your order, one of our team members will reach out to you via email.

Thank you for your patience.

GameStop Customer Service

Guess that means I didn’t get it.

I actually found one yesterday at a target 30 mins from my house. They had 5 in stock! Even though I’ve got Zelda on my WiiU I bought it again on the switch, haha.

Hi guys,
Im thinking of getting one of these for myself, on my birthday. Or rather, my GF wants to purchase it for me but Im a tiny bit wary by some of the things being said in this thread.

I dont like JRPG’s - if Nintendo studios are all that more or less release games here, that would be the kind of games released, right?
I dont really enjoy too small a screen to play on - phones are a no-go for me. How well does games like Zelda work when you use it off the big screen ?
Can you use it for anything else? Netbrowsing? Movie watching? Anything of the kind?

The main reason I am interested in the console, is Zelda and how people are gushing about the open world. I LOVE open world games - they are why I purchase games like MAfia 3, Horizon, Red Dead Redemption and so on - just to experience and stroll through those massive worlds - But if that is all the enjoyment I am going to get out of a Switch, its kinda an expensive game experience!!

Thanks in advance!

Wait is Zelda not considered an RPG?

It’s traditionally been considered an Action-Adventure Game series. The latest installment blurs that line though because of all the loot and stat effects (among other things).

How badly did Microsoft fuck up the Xbox One? They’re going to lose to Nintendo, who has 1 game. Amazing.

True, but … it’s a really good game.

Though… it is also a game you can play on a fairly old console at this point, as well…