Nintendo Switch

It’s also where Electronics Boutique began. James Kim set up a kiosk/cart for his wife to sell calculators. She just wanted something to do.

…and yes, they connected the two malls through the parking lot and filled it with stores. I think it’s now the largest amount of retail shopping space all under one roof in the US?

Mall of America begs to differ.

For people who never played it or forgot what happened, Nintendo posted a detailed and spoiler-heavy trailer for Link’s Awakening, which releases next week:

Links Awakening is the reason why I ordered a Switch Lite (also, I did not want to connect a 4th console on my TV).

Are there any must-haves for the Switch?

My list so far is

Links Awakening (ordered)
Octopath Traveler (bought)
Travis Strikes again (bought)

I need to hold the LITE in my hands to see how the screen is, I wonder if handheld Dark Souls would work or if it will feel “too small”. I really hope that Octopath on the Lite screen will work.

looking for

Chocobo Mystery Dungeon (as a huge Shiren The Wanderer fan)
Wilmots Warehouse
Tetris 99
Mario vs Rabids
Dead Cells (depends on the screen)
Dark Souls
Hyrule Cadence Necrodancer
Zelda Breath of the Wild (this can wait, got it on Wii U)

I would buy Ikaruga if you could use the vertical (“tate”) mode with the Lite. I saw that on the original Switch you could attach the joycons on both sides, but this is not possible for the Lite. So, not sure if the Lite controls are usable in vertical mode.

I used to be a Fire Emblem fan, but it became a dating sim, so I am not sure if I want it.

any other must-haves? Astral Chain could be too busy for handheld
and then there are all the ports like Skyrim, Assassins Creed 3 etc.

Diablo. Seriously if you bought a Switch and just had that it would be worth it.

Dark Souls works fine handheld. That, Mario Kart 8, Dragon Quest XI/Builders 2, Zelda BotW and Divinity Original Sin 2 would be my must haves.

I played Diablo 3 on PC more than enough (I know), so I am done with it. Really, no regrets.

Xenoblade Chronicles 2, Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate.

Ha, that’s what I thought! Diablo on Switch is still must have!

Slay the Spire is really awesome for Switch. Great little deck builder you can easily get addicted to

Mmm, let’s see.

Astral Chain works very well handheld.
Valkyria Chronicles 4 is really good.
Fire Emblem is less of a dating sim than previous installments (although it still has some components of that)

Other than the ones you mention:

Hollow Knight is a modern classic (though people are put off by its difficulty/length)
Mario Odyssey is good.
Bayonetta 2
They are about to release Dragon Quest XI
If you like fighting game, Dragon Ball FighterZ

Into The Breach - I played it on PC until I beat it with one team, but did not play other teams. I always thought it belongs into a handheld …

nobody playing Tetris 99?

Tetris 99 is great. It’s free with Switch Online though so that’s probably why it doesn’t get discussed much here.

Wii fit + rpg

(plus slightly phsycotic looking male host)

Make sure your defense is ab-solute!

They both look like indoctrinated wackos from a terrifying cult.

Hosts aside, it looks like fun! It’s less about balance and more about motion than the Balance Board and if the adventure game is of Nintendo quality, then that’s probably going to be a fun playthrough.

$79.99

…and there’s the headline they were looking for…

Ring Fit Adventure is the first fitness-focused game I’ve ever played with an actual story. You play as a hero dressed like a gym rat, and you partner up with a sentient ring named Ring to fight off an incredibly swole purple dragon in a leotard, who is infecting the fantasy realm with darkness. (Nintendo says that the dragon was designed to represent the negative aspects of gym culture, like ultra competitiveness. In other words, he’s a fantastical bro.) The experience is structured sort of like a Super Mario game, as you go through a series of levels spread across different settings, punctuated by boss battles.

lol!

Also…

A Nintendo rep told me that if you played for an hour a day, it’d take between three to four months to finish the campaign.

That’s a serious RPG!

Breath of the wilds is a must own title for the switch… not sure if anyone said that, since we’re talking about another zelda game, but BoTW is one of the best games ever made.

He said he played it on Wii U, so really no need to get it on Switch.

I think Golf Story might still be my favorite Switch game.

The Nintendo Ring Fit Adventure™ looks perfect to bring up to my hipster rooftop parties.