Nintendo Switch

My copy took ages to arrive, but I finally just wrapped up Final Fantasy V on Steam (after having enjoyed so thoroughly the FF7 Remaster, I have just been itching to be back in this universe), and this morning thought I’d kick off FFXII and see how it grabbed me.

It grabbed me hard. I didn’t expect to be as into this so soon (well, three years I suppose) after playing it to completion on the PS4, but here I am two hours in and only taking a break as my boy is visiting and wants to play Magic and watch some movies.

I’m mostly playing on the TV, it look incredible, just as good (or imperceivably different with ought a side by side comparison) to the PS4 version I played in 2017. But I did play a little in hand held to check that out and I love it, it looks and plays great there, as well. I took a few pics:

The opening story/cinematic is so incredible here that it pulled me right back into this world, like it always does. The characters, the License system, how combat works/flows, spells and items and cool equipment, everything about this game is just perfect to me, and I’m beyond excited to get back to it all over again.