Nintendo Switch

As always with “reports” about what Nintendo is doing that aren’t specifically announcements from Nintendo, I’m taking all of this with a few dozen grains of salt. Nintendo hardware rumors always make for some of the juiciest clickbait, and being from the WSJ (who have reported similar things in the past that turned out to be made-up lies) isn’t enough to sway me toward thinking this is definitely a thing that’s happening.

Yeah, there’s nothing there until Nintendo says there is. The Wii Remote was already in development and generating articles like this during the time before Gamecube. Don’t get your hopes up until they actually announce something.

Yes, and framerates vary widely when undocked. Switch would benefit from a solid 50% boost in GPU performance.

I don’t really understand the “thinner” aspect, at least for the pro version. How would you do that with joycons — they’d be less ergonomic if they were thinner.

I just want a bigger 1080p screen with the power to drive it in the same form factor. And some kickin rad eshop music.

I think the controls won’t be detachable on the “more portable” entry level Switch.

I was thinking of picking up a switch when I go to Japan next month but this news has given me pause. Perhaps I’ll wait until the definitive version is released. I hope it doesn’t end up being more expensive than the current version though.

EG ‘sources’ apparently confirm the WSJ rumour regarding two new Switch models:

several people familiar with Nintendo’s current plans have told me the company has designed its budget Switch for an audience which uses it in handheld mode only.

yesterday’s report mentioned it would not be getting beefed up to the specs of either the PlayStation 4 Pro or Xbox One X - which shouldn’t come as much of a surprise. I’ve heard the bump will be comparable to the one received by the 3DS upon its New 3DS relaunch.

Given the lack of a 3DS successor, the Switch-Mini seems inevitable. Given that, I assume they’ll launch it before or alongside Pokemon Sword/Shield, which means this year.

Maybe they can brand it as the Pokemon Switch Portable.

It’ll be Nintendo Switch Go. I guarantee it.

What about Switch Mini? Or Switch Lite?

New Nintendo Switch XL Waluigi Edition.

WHERE CAN I PRE-ORDER!!!

I would go with the “Light Switch”.

I don’t know why there is still a name discussion. It will be Nintendo Switch Go. If it isn’t I will carry an insulting forum subtitle of Tom Chick’s choosing.

It will be the New 3DS 2.

Twitch Prime is offering a free year of Switch online. It also extends your current subscription. It’s a little wonky and confusingly implemented, but works

Switch Hunt!

Yea you get 3 months initially then can claim 9 more after 60 days or something like that…

Geez you guys, I was just making a PSP joke.