Nintendo Switch

Not only is it annoying it’s pointless. My wife was playing and decided to see what he does expecting you to be able to watch him beat the level, or provide you some kind of invincibility or something that helps you beat the level easier.

Nope the screen goes black, luigi runs across and it goes “you won”. Wtf is the point, if you can’t beat the level there are 99 other levels to play. It’s not like it’s critical to build peaches castle (you don’t really get much for it) and it doesn’t block the main maker or course world parts of the game.

To slightly derail, there’s a new Switch emulator making the rounds, and it’s improving rapidly. Still slighly glitchy, but it can reportedly play Super Mario Odyssey start to finish at 8k resolution.

https://yuzu-emu.org/

I dunno, man… I was reading a thread at ResetEra where people were bitching about Uncharted (the first one) and whether they should finish it or just watch it like a movie so they could move onto the second one.

It’s like eight hours long! What’s the point of playing videogames if all you want to do is get the ending? Yet, that’s what people don’t want to do.

I feel like an outsider, I have no idea what you guys are talking about, excepting that Luigi is Mario’s Elwood.

I believe the fellow with the Green Hat gives you the option to “finish” a level in Super Mario Maker 2 if you fail enough times (aka… twice).

Ah, thank you for the explanation!
That sounds pretty darn annoying. But whereas Mario always struck me as a debonair fellow, Luigi… well… he is sort of creepy, isn’t he?

So I decided to give Breath of the Wild a fourth try, and I made it about ten hours in and was having a decent amount of fun at times, but I think I’m going to have to put it back down. I just cannot mesh with the controls, and any time an amount of finesse is required, it just becomes a miserable, frustrating experience. I want to like this game so much (I bought the system for this, and keep convincing myself this might be the time it’ll really click) but I just feel like it’s actively repulsing me.

I can’t stand it.

I just don’t grasp the game. I would like to, I also bought the Switch for it. At first, I didn’t have a pro controller or a long enough HDMI cable for docking, so I played it handheld only (obviously). I thought maybe the fact that everything was so tiny in such a huge world was causing my boredom.

The other day, docked it up, expensive as sin controller in hand and it’s still just as boring as ever.

It seems if I dare voice this opinion anywhere, I get disdain at best.

On the other hand I can’t wait to get my hands on Link’s Awakening.

I’ve tried to like BOTW many times, just don’t. On the other hand, I have played Streets of Rogue all night and am loving it.

Pfeh!

Yup, I’ve bounced off BOTW a few times myself. At the moment, I’m on try #3, and what’s actually making it work is that I’m sharing the experience with my 6-year-old son. He takes over sometimes, and spends a lot of time directing my actions, but the open, unstructuredness of it works for him and it helps me to play it with a partner.

Hey Qt3 welcomes a wide range of opinions, even ones expressed by some goddamn philistines such as yourselves.

[Shakes head as I polish my new monocle]

This game is fun!!

BotW is the best video game ever made. It’s ok to hate great things though. I heard that’s cool. :)

I got a dozen or so hours into BotW when I first got my Switch two years ago and haven’t been back since. I didn’t hate it, but it didn’t really grab me. I mean to go back to it at some point but haven’t felt the need.

It’s kind of like how Qt3 hates movies.

LMAO…

I love BoTW. However, I think it’s because of the mindset it put me in when I played. I bounced off the first time, after 10 hours, probably because I was trying to go from quest to quest. When I approached it the second time, more as an exploration game, it grabbed me. That said, it’s unlikely I could to return to it and enjoy it again because I doubt I’d ever rediscover the sense of wonder I had when I played it through on my second try. There’s little doubt in my mind that the memory of playing it is better than the actual experience.

I like the little puzzle dungeons in BotW. I ran around doing a bunch of those after I got off the initial plateau. After that, I moved on to playing something else. Considering I don’t like open-world games, that’s pretty decent.

The only Zelda game I’ve ever completed is Ocarina on 3DS.

I fell in love with it immediately and it’s still my #1 today. :)