Nintendo Switch

Supposedly the box art is slightly different, and presumably there’s a different SKU code. If you google it I’m sure there’s guides for telling them apart.

I think the new one has a red background on the front of the box and the old one is white. There is also a serial number change.

Yeah.
Old:
New:

Nintendo, at least for now, is going to exchange v1 switches purchased July 2019+ for v2 ones. You have to pay shipping.

Why is it called Sword and Shield when Pokemon don’t use swords?

I thought they denied this? Did they back-track?

Oh, you’re right. In retrospect I feel naive.

Yu-Gi-Oh! Legacy of the Duelist: Link Evolution is out tomorrow. If you don’t know what that means, it’s a pretty great ‘Magic the Gathering’ type deck builder with a lot of content including comprehensive story mode.

I used to like the old DS games, but never really found a great one on 3DS. The older version of this on PS4 got decent ratings from the few reviews it received.

I think I keen, but I’m not fully sure yet!

Every game announced in this morning’s Indie Direct that’s coming to the Switch:

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2019-08-19-nintendo-indie-world-roundup-every-game-announced-at-the-indie-world-presentation

Man that was a great showcase this morning.

Risk of Rain 2 is definitely on my list as long as it performs well on Switch.

Torchlight 2 was a nice surprise.

Ori? Probably buying that again! One of my favorite games of all time.

What the Golf is tons of fun - I played a bunch of that at PAX last year.

So many others!

It’s great to see that the Torchlight 2 port is being handled by Panic Button!

Diego

It’s a Unity game, whatever that entails. It runs very nicely with a small (<500MB) install footprint on my 6+ year old computer that’s probably about on par with your phone these days.

Still no news about A Hat in Time for the Switch? My kids and I are eagerly awaiting its release!

I’ve been playing my Switch undocked while traveling lately. Making me want the newer hardware for the better battery life. For a $75 upgrade it seems worth it.

Gamestop reduced their trade in value today, so that upgrade will now cost $100.

Yea I’m really tempted to do the trade in, but I don’t want to lose my ability to eventually homebrew some emulators onto the switch.

Invisigun Reloaded is out today! I posted this on another thread:

Vice: Project Doom was added to the NES lineup for Switch Online members. Mostly a Ninja Gaiden-esque platformer with some driving and shooting gallery sequences - top 20 NES game for me and worth checking out.

Weird question here: what kind of signal do joy cons use? I’m wondering if I can get a repeater for use inside a cabinet.

They use bluetooth, which is a radio signal that passes through non-metallic materials. Should reach about 30 feet.

Blasphemous is releasing on September 10 on Switch.