Nintendo Switch

There’s a brand-new arrange mode in the Switch version. I don’t know much else at this point, but it’s out in a week, so I’ll find out pretty soon.

So, good news is that the OG Fire Emblem will be available on the Switch for $6. Why not free? Well, they translated it and added a few QoL features. So whatevs. I’m definitely in for the price.

But the disturbing thing is that this Fire Emblem joins the Mario Collection with the “limited time only” bullshit. No idea why Nintendo is doing this… to create a sense of scarcity? Bah.

Can someone who knows Japanese tell me what kind of look inversion they’re adding to Super Mario Sunshine?

Is it vertical or horizontal? (Hopefully both?)

Eurogamer link source

First one is horizontal camera, set to “reverse” in that screen. Right below is vertical, set to “normal”. Next is “vertical pump”, whatever that is. Then camera (Mario something) horizontal, and camera (Mario something) vertical. It appears settings are either reverse or normal in all of those.

EDIT: this is Sunshine, so pump: vertical must refer to controls when you’re using FLUDD.

YES!

That decides it, I guess. I’ll be getting Super Mario Sunshine after all. I never could get past the horizontal camera inversion. Now the question is, how serious is Nintendo about making the game disappear? It’s only available for a limited time, right? I don’t plan on getting a Switch for a couple of years.

Also, thank you so much @rhamorim.

Sure thing! My Japanese is extremely limited (I’m not sure I’d pass JLPT N5) but glad I could help somehow. ;)

There is a physical release, so that time limit thing is probably a stunt largely aimed at Japan. Grab the cartridge if you’re worried?

マリオ視点 = Mario perspective camera

I’m assuming it means the over the shoulder Mario Cam.

Nintendo just sent me a personal message to let me know that the game is now live, and $20.

I bought it as soon as possible yesterday, and even though I’ve only had time to play one credit, I can already confirm that it’s extremely sick.

Along with all the content from Crimzon Clover: World Ignition on PC, it has the new arrange mode I mentioned before, which trades the game’s traditional BREAK MODE for a power-up system inspired by Gradius. You have a power-up meter that fills up as you collect point items, and you can spend your meter at different positions to increase your movement speed, get additional options, increase your maximum number of lock-on targets, activate BREAK MODE, or get a shield. Notably, unlike Gradius, some of the positions on the power-up bar aren’t blanked out when you max them out; instead, you can spend your bar on one of those positions to switch between different special shot formations. Aside from all of this, there’s some sort of dynamic rank system I didn’t figure out during the single credit of Arrange Original I’ve had time to play so far.

Most importantly, the arrange mode is actually four new game modes - like arcade mode, you get Boost, Original, Unlimited, and Time Attack, with all the different mechanics of those modes and new interactions with the power-up system to learn as you play them.

Crimzon Clover: World Ignition was a steal at $10 on PC, and if you like shmups at all, World EXplosion is well worth it at $20 on Switch.

There’s now a playable demo available on the eShop! Great surprise for me, as this remains my most anticipated release this season.

I downloaded it earlier and just started it up. The game is gorgeous and looks and sounds (music and effects) exactly like Breath of the Wild. This is both a good and bad thing for me, but without nitpicking too much, I genuinely love the generic rock soundtrack in the first Hyrule Warriors, and while BotW is a beautiful game, the combos don’t look quite as fluid and smooth as the first game. Don’t get me wrong, they feel just as responsive, but killing megamobs just looks a tad less fluid. These are just nitpicks though, based on my time with the demo I’m positive the game will absolutely deliver.

It feels good to play.

Nice, I’m going to download and give it a go!

I never actually played Hyrule Warriors so I won’t know what I’m missing. :)

I own the WiiU version and it’s probably my most played game on the system, and that’s saying a lot because I used my WiiU a hell of a lot.

I know there’s a Switch Definitive Edition out there, but I’m not sure what changed between the two versions.

After playing the new Hyrule Warriors demo for another 45 minutes or so I think it’s worth complaining about the frame rate, it’s terrible. In fact, based on the first two starter maps in the demo, I thinks it’s bad enough I will skip the game until/unless there’s some sort of update. There’s also a few other things that aren’t working for me compared to the first game, but the killer right now is the frame rate.

There’s also a significant and lack of punch in combat compared to the first, but I’m willing to chalk that one up to starter/demo weapons.

I’m on exactly the opposite: I think never has a Warrior/Muso game delivered as much weight to its punches. The combat system is just incredible. With lots and lots of possibilities for funny mishaps as well, thus paying respect to what made Botw’s combat so interesting.
I love the soundtrack going away from the now pretty old feeling usual Omega fare. And what to say about the cameos, if you have played the original game!

I’ve been playing the demo for a few hours since the start of the week and I have actually preordered the game, which is something I freaking never do!

Uh-oh! An unstable framerate will absolutely kill things for me. :(

Thankfully there’s a demo, because everyone has their own perception and level of tolerance for such things, and whatever quirk of the action sets me off might go completely unnoticed by others.

And while I know that every person that’s ever met me has taken me aside and told me that, “Sir, everybody sees you as the guy that’s never been wrong about anything, ever,” I’d love for this game to be the one exception to that rule. Hopefully the game just caught me on a bad day. Maybe it was a bad idea to play it between long bouts of One Finger Death Punch 2, a snappy game I seriously haven’t been able to get enough of over the last 24 hours.

Just ordered a 512GB card, since NAND is cheap again, to replace a 80% full 256GB. What is everyone rocking for microSD storage?

• 1TB (no expense spared)
  • 512GB
  • 400GB
  • 256GB
  • 128GB
  • 64GB
  • <64GB
  • Carts only, baby!

0 voters

Wow, it’s a good thing you made this post. I didn’t realize just how little space I actually have left. I have a 128gb card with only 4gb free.

95% full 256GB here. Might be time to upgrade!