Nintendo Switch

Add dekudeals.com to favorites. :)

Playing this on Switch was great for a nostalgia blast, but that camera is so godawful.

How much the camera falls under ‘rough edges’ or ‘insufferably bad’ is an exercise left to the reader.

I think today is the last day to get Ghosts ‘n’ Goblins in addition to 1943 free by downloading the Capcom Arcade Stadium. All other games are paid DLC in packs.

My favorite part about the (sometimes-frustrating) Mario 64 camera it’s a very literal and obvious representation of why “inverted” camera is the only logical orientation for third-person games. (Now I run and hide, I think.)

I think that’s the reason why the inverted horizontal camera didn’t bother me in Mario 64. It’s the only game in which it didn’t bother me. They make clear at the start of the game that it’s a bee that’s holding the camera, and that you’re controlling the bee using the C-buttons. So of course if you hit left, the bee moves to its left, which means the camera looks towards the right.

In every other game, the camera is not a character presented in the game itself, so of course if I want to look right, I should hit right. But with Mario 64, you’re not controlling the camera, you’re controlling the bee that just happens to be holding the camera.

bee

You made Lakitu sad.

Haha, Lakitu never looked so bad though.

To be fair, neither had the Mushroom Kingdom.

Saved, thank you :)

I know it’s unpopular for some reason or other, but inverted cameras are my preference too (because they make sense! For third-person views, at least).

Anyone played Witcher in the switch? I have it on my pc but playing while sitting on my couch sounds great. It’s on sale and calling to me.

I have, but I’m not far in it yet. The negatives are that it runs 720p docked & will look blurry and bad in many places on a large TV. Aliasing.

Portably, it’s great. Only 540p but that’s not nearly as much of an issue on the small screen.

Performance is reasonable. Good late night headphones game for me.

A remake of one of the iconic franchises of the SNES / Genesis generation. I remember playing it on both the SNES and the Genesis version - i had to admit, as a Genesis partisan, that the SNES version look better.

Paging @Knightsaber

Since I know you liked Sword/ Shield, this might catch your eye

Since I’ve been playing Shield with my son too, it caught mine.

And Diamond and Pearl remakes. Nice.

Yes, ones I hadn’t played myself, but I understand are well regarded in the series.

And Snap. Which is going to be a must have, since my 4 year old could play that. And she would love it.

https://twitter.com/6d6f636869/status/1367277999721050114

Nintendo Co. plans to unveil a model of its Switch gaming console equipped with a bigger Samsung OLED display this year, hoping the larger touchscreen can prop up demand in time for the holidays, people familiar with the plan said.

Samsung Display Co. will start mass production of 7-inch, 720p-resolution OLED panels as early as June with an initial monthly target of just under a million units, said the people, who asked not to be identified discussing internal matters. The displays are slated for shipment to assemblers around July, the people said. Representatives for Nintendo and Samsung Display declined to comment.

https://twitter.com/imranzomg/status/1367283070169096193
I definitely want this!

Same res, so no need for more horsepower… ;)

I guess it’s like they did with the DSi XL and 3DS XL models. But I do hope it gets more grunt too!

Didn’t they talk about 4k for TV out? How will they manage that without beefing up the internals?