Nintendo Switch

I mean I’m also pretty good at the game. But I don’t do advanced techniques like T Spins and stuff. I just set my attacks to attackers and try to string Tetrises together. Whether or not that strategy works is luck dependent.

End of an era: Reggie’s retiring from Nintendo and being replaced by Bowser.

After more than 15 notable years at Nintendo of America, and nearly 13 as its President and COO, Reggie Fils-Aime will retire. His last day with Nintendo will be April 15. Doug Bowser, NOA’s current Senior Vice President of Sales and Marketing, will then succeed Reggie as President of Nintendo of America.

“I really appreciate everything Reggie has done for Nintendo,” said Shuntaro Furukawa, President of Nintendo Co., Ltd. “Inside and outside our company, Reggie is known as an exceptional leader. We are grateful that he is leaving the business in good shape with strong momentum. While we will miss him and we wish him the very best in his retirement, we are also pleased to have such an able successor ready to step into that role. Doug Bowser and the rest of the team will ensure a seamless transition and continued momentum for Nintendo.”

https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20190221005804/en/

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/1098666321473024000

You’d think after all this time Nintendo would know better than to put Bowser in charge.

I’m disappointed it took 14 minutes for someone to swing at this softball. :)

Solid hit, by the way.

-Tom

Pretty sure we did all those jokes years ago when he joined Nintendo.

Also:
https://twitter.com/jasonschreier/status/1098667495521771520

Yay!

Time to play through Resident Evil 4 again!

Played thru Rez evil 4 at least 3 times on the GameCube… I think I’ll pick another but good times…

Nice. I usually finish around 20th

Seem like a short one! And last minute notice. Could it be a release date?

I just bought this case as a replacement for my current one, mainly because it will hold a Pro Controller (or the JoyCon holder).

Reviews are good. We often take the Switch on long trips and have nothing to put the Pro Controller inside. Problem solved! Amazon Lightning Deal.

RE5 or GTFO.

-Tom

Ooh, that is a nifty looking case. Although it’s pretty funny that it thinks someone has bought 12 physical copies of Switch games. Who doesn’t just download all their Switch games?

-Tom

My money says it’s just a reveal, no release date. The new Switch game will take up less than half of the total time.

Any guesses on whether Gen 8 is Switch-only, or cross-platform with the 3DS?

I have a silly question about travels: I’ve been reading horror stories about fried consoles using third party chargers and such.
I got a cable that should let me charge it aboard a plane through the local USB plug, but I am wary. Did anybody dare such an extreme behaviour as charging the Switch with unindentified USB powered source not licensed by Nintendo®?

Yeah there will more than likely be some ‘Go’ stuff as well as a sliver of Switch.

Gamefreak have said that Ultra Sun/Moon was the culmination of the series on the 3DS so I don’t think there are any more core games coming to that plaform. But who knows if that could change!

It’s been a while since I was in the market for a usb c cable or charger but there was a google engineer who made usb c reviews on amazon. I don’t remember his name but I’m sure a quick googling will get you there. With that said. I would have to think anything RAVPower or Anker would be compliant.