Nintendo Switch

No More Heroes III got a Treehouse presentation that wasn’t Live.

https://youtu.be/F-iLPK5vl4M

One gets the continuing impression that covid wfh basically just stole a full year of any development progress whatsoever from the entire Japanese videogames industry.

Which makes their continually awful vaccination progress even worse than it otherwise would be!

For fuck’s sake, finally. Every now and then I think about how much fun I had playing Crimzon Clover in the living room, and then I realize what a wasteland it is for premier shmups on the Switch.

Unfortunately, I already have DFK and Mushihimesama on Steam, so I guess I’m looking at Espgaluda II. I don’t know much about it.

I do like Mushihimesama a lot so I might double-dip as an excuse to play it more.

So what’s the current guess on when switch pro will get announced since the E3 dreams were crushed?

I heard that it’s getting announced tomorrow.

Tomorrow, 2025.

Please look forward to it.

I’ve waited this long. God, I would hate it if I finally caved and got the regular Switch, and then they announce the Switch Pro this October.

This is the year of the Switch Pro, and Linux.

I really want to be in for Mario Golf, but the Switch Mario Tennis (from the same developer) was a big disappointment for me.

Not to undermine your concern, but maybe the four months of intervening Switch gaming would alleviate that somewhat? Especially since we don’t even know what a hypothetical Switch Pro would be or do or how much it would cost.

Then again, Nintendo might be waiting for you to buy a Switch so they can finally announce the Switch Pro. In that case, your indecision is just delaying the new system for the rest of us.

Take one for the team, Rock.

Hey, I bought one last week! Guess I don’t carry any karmic power.

It looked good on the Treehouse play to me. The interface had some nice touches.

But yeah, you might want to hang back for some reviews.

I don’t know who the developer is now, but most of the previous golf/tennis games were by the same developer (going back to the Gameboy versions), and I’ve always found the Golf games more compelling than Tennis.

Same developer as always, Camelot.

You can also get E.S.P.Rade Psi on the Japanese Switch eshop (it’s close to $50, though).

It’s still one of my favourite controllers just for that, and I also love the unusual but intuitive face button layout too. The N64 also had the octagonal notches didn’t it?

Hardware reveals haven’t been part of Nintendo’s E3 plan for nearly a decade now. Instead, Nintendo has often followed E3 with minor to major hardware announcements weeks or months later. It unveiled the Nintendo 2DS in August 2013; the New Nintendo 3DS in August 2014; the NES Classic in July 2016; the Super NES Classic in June 2017 ( after E3); and the Nintendo Switch Lite in July 2019. The original Nintendo Switch was revealed in October 2016, a comfortable distance from that year’s E3, a show that traditionally takes place in June.

Hmmmm, so then somewhere between July and October then.

Looking back, this seems to be the general trend post-N64. If it offers four-player local co-op (it looks like the new speed golf mode might be two-player local only, but the traditional golf is four) I’m probably onboard unless the initial impressions are bad. Nintendo also promise additional courses (and characters of course) will be added post release, so that’s good news.