Nintendo Switch

True. I was coming from the point of view that two users had been using a single Switch and one of them was migrating. For Splatoon 2, Arms, Pokemon, and some others, you have to migrate your “home” account to the new Switch if you want to keep your progress. If you don’t mind starting over (or you have two brand new Switches), then the Alice/Bob configuration should work.

I just called Video Games Etc. and confirmed my OLED Switch Pre-order should available for me to pick up on Friday, AND they put down the color (White) that I wanted, so fingers crossed I have access to a Switch again this weekend.

Awesome! I would love one, and had one pre-ordered, but came to my senses and cancelled because I play docked 90% of the time. But man it looks nice…

I used to play docked 90% of the time, but I spend a lot more time upstairs with my wife and we like to play games on our phones or iPads while we watch TV together - just something we started doing the last 4 or so months with the kids moved out, spending more time with each other, but that means I’ll have A) more Switch time and B) more undocked time, so the OLEDs timing is incredible here, and I can still dock and play on my nice TV when I’m not upstairs, to boot.

As announced in the final Super Smash Bros. Nintendo Direct, all of the Kingdom Hearts games are coming to the Switch…via Cloud Gaming. So good news I guess, at least for now. In the future, I feel like cloud gaming is going to be looked back on as a scourge. Nothing like games with a built-in end date!

I had read interview clips that they were having a tough time trying to port the Kingdom Hearts games to the Switch. Cloud gaming is a good solution.

I’m not sure I buy that. the original ones were PS2 era. From a hardware standpoint there should be no reason.

Plus we have already seen multiple PS2 games like Katamari and FFX on Switch.

Maybe some weird reason, some PS2 specific process output, but ehhh.

“It would take work and we don’t want to”

They aren’t going to port non-60fps versions of those games again for any reason.

Oh, that could make sense. I’m guessing there was a whole big thing about some port not running at 60FPS?

Truly gamers are the worst.

No, it’s more that the HD remasters on PS3 were the last versions of the games that had the original PS2 framerates. The PS4, Xbox One, and PC versions are all 60fps.

Right, just restating this explicitly: they’re bringing to the Switch the versions that had already had HD remakes for the PS4/Xbone generation, not the true original games.

Ok, cool, got it.

The series, and how the names work, confuses me completely. It is the most convoluted thing ever.

Forget the names. In the main game, you get to swing around your key as a sword, while Donald casts spells and Goofy tanks for both of you. And you get to hang out in various worlds from Disney movies like Tarzan, Hercules, etc. It’s good stuff. All the convoluted meta-story you just let it wash over you. It doesn’t interfere much.

Yeah that’s what I learned when playing Kingdom Hearts Re:Coded II.8 x[cross] Heaven Sent [echo] Factor.

Bingo. Just faster to slap it on a server since they have to do that for III anyway.

I don’t know how it works at all but I bought 2 switches. I gave one to my sister.I I have played animal crossing, mario karts and overcooked on them with my sister. It does do an annoying “checking if you can play” nonsense but it has never told me I can’t play. Granted we don’t use them much.

Animal Crossing is an especially special case. The save is tied to the specific device. And the single save is for everyone playing on that device. First person to play it owns the island.

Well, since Metroid Dread has reviewed well it’s officially the Switch killer app for me. Unfortunately an expensive home maintenance job is going to delay the purchase a bit, but I will be buying one in the not-too-distant future.

OLED models are getting reviewed: