Nintendo Switch

You can also buy individual games if you are only interested in a few, but clearly the pack is quite an incredible deal, as about 80% of the games are worth extended playtime.

It’s definitely one of Capcom’s strongest ever collections and the problems around launch were apparently fixed in a patch too.

I can attest to that: the sound emulation was quite horrible at first, but it’s pretty decent now.
The only standing issue on the Swithc is that, if you play with the Arcade machines displayed and effects around you, the game will skip frames if you force your Switch to 1080p.
If set to auto, it will display smoothly and finely, using some of that scaling magic. It’s just an issue with the forced setting. It helped me in a couple of other games too, so I keep that setting that way.
And zero issues in portable mode.

Games got a large amount of convenient option if you’re not playing for the score, and got lots of events if you are playing for it.
Really a great collection.
I just wished they would include the big missing ones, like King of Dragons, Black Tiger, Magic Sword and… gasp AD&D games, pretty please? :O

Those are not included? :(

Also what about the ‘special bundle bonus’, Ghosts 'n Goblins? I guess that is not included in any of the three packs, and you’d otherwise have to buy it separately.

Uh, it was free before.

Why in the world would anyone play Mario Kart 64 on a device where they can play Mario Kart 8? It doesn’t make any sense. I could see playing a special RPG or something like that but an iterative game like Mario Kart? That would be like me paying to play NHL 2007.

Because some people want to relive playing Mario Kart 64 during their middle school sleepovers, not play the best current iteration of the game.

Ew, people living in the past.

I tried Mario Kart 64 for the first time: I suggest it to everyone who thinks they have seen rubberband AI. It’s absurd, even on the easiest setting: the AI will teleport back right to your butt instantly. No matter what is happening.
Absolutely unrewarding and totally stressful. Ew, again!

Does anyone know how a Switch actually works? The biggest surprise to me is that before owning one myself, I always assumed that when a Switch “docks” it’s connected to something physically. But it turns out it’s not. You just kind of awkwardly place it in between the two plates, it doesn’t click or connect in any physical way, and hey presto, as if by magic, it’s showing stuff on the big screen.

The retro collection I want is something like Midway Arcade Origins. But apparently, that collection had a lot of issues in emulation and controls as well.

So… a GOOD version of that.

No, it is. Look closely…

Well, yes, there’s a bar along the bottom, but there’s a hardly a connection. Definitely nothing to “click” onto. I guess whatever connectors they have down there are very generous but somehow form a good connection?

Look more closely…

Are you talking about the little USB connector thing in the center? Because wouldn’t it have to “click” to actually be connected to that thing?

I no longer know what you’re talking about, but you found what the Switch is connected to physically!

Yeah, I have no clue what you’re talking about either. I still don’t know how the Switch connects to the dock.

With that USB Port you see there. It connects with it.

Do you know how it connects to it without a click, and I can place a little left, a little right, no problem?

Because it is a USB C, which is the oval type. It slides easily and the weight of the switch is enough to make the connection.

The shape also helps guide it into the proper place, curves are cool like that!

It just slots in. If it’s not lined up, the Switch will be higher in the dock.