Nintendo Switch

I like my pro controller, but think the dpad is still way too mushy. I enjoy using this controller more than the pro controller with my switch:

I was curious, is the dpad on those new 8bitdo models comparable to their m30? I have the older version of the sn30, and it used to be quite… Well, shit.

I never used the sn30, but the one on the Pro 2 is really great IMO.

Agreed on the SN30. Not the best of the 8bitdo controllers.

I’d use the M30 over pretty much any other option though if you want straight up gamepad and buttons.

Just got one of these a couple weeks ago and will confirm it is a fine little retro gamepad. Presently using it on PC only.

I’ve talked about it here in the past a lot. It’s modeled after the best gamepad ever, the Genesis 6 Button controller. I wish that d-pad were standard on everything. It’s just the best.

PSA (maybe?) – Wal-Mart has both the OLED model and the Animal Crossing special edition in stock as of this writing.

Time to get your Nintendo Switch Year in Review.

19 hours on Picross S Genesis is my most played. My total play time on Switch was down overall thanks to not being stuck at home as much in 2021.

It keeps reloading the page until the browser gives up and throws an error on both Safari and Chrome on my iPhone, also tried turning off content blockers. Anyone having success with this on an iPhone?

I have issues on my phone also. Worked fine on a PC in Chrome.

Hah, on my Mac in Safari it hard crashed the Finder when I tried to manually advance to the next section. On my second attempt it worked though. 54 hours in Dungeon Encounters was my #1 game this year. Didn’t realize I spent quite that long with it.

187 hours on Ace Attorney Chronicles for me. Distressingly, Animal Crossing, which I hated, is second, with 18 hours.

Oh, Nintendo, you don’t know me at all, do you?

Breath of the Wild was a clear hours winner, at 149. Second was Mario and Rabbids Kingdom Battle at 70.

Ironically neither of those would be in my top 3 favorites this year. Rabbids comes close though.

There was a big hole in the summer with a combined 7 hours in July, August, September, and only 16 in June.

It’s the summer, I’m outside on a mountain or at the coast.

Beast Breaker, Monster Hunter Rise, and Smash Bros. were my tops, all right around the 30-hour mark. SMTV is probably not too far behind that. And Metroid Dread was probably what I enjoyed the most, but it’s short enough not to show up here.

Big drop-off in hours from last year though, though that was mostly driven by Animal Crossing with my family.

Perfect Switch gaming time!

I’m honestly a little surprised it’s as high as 1%. I have no memory of playing it docked at all this year. I’m the kind of guy who plays it portable even when I’m sitting on the couch in front of my TV

100% of my docked play time this year came in the last week when I got Mario 3D land and was playing with my kids.

Otherwise my wife or kids are always watching something, so I play portable on the couch.

My game of the year, hands down. And even though I played through 3 times in a row, it was still sub 20 hours.

I don’t think my kids even know that the Switch can be played on a TV. Or if they do they have no interest in doing so. But they’re more used to playing games on tablets than anything else so it’s probably more natural to them.

I’m hopefully never going to let my son find out that handheld mode is a thing.

Recently I introduced the Pro Controller, and his hands are too small for it, and yet, he insists on only playing with the Pro Controller. I think he resents always being the Hat in Mario Odyssey when we play with the joycons, so he thinks if he plays with the joycons he’ll be forced to be the hat again, so he insists on playing with the Pro Controller. He uses his entire right hand on the left thumbstick, so in order to jump, he has to take the right hand to the jump button, but I switched A and B, so whenever the screen says to press A, he looks down and presses A, which is really the new B, so it doesn’t do what he thinks it should. In fact, it usually backs him out. Heehee!

Mine also really prefer handheld, though they do go back and forth.

You’re a monster!