Nintendo Switch

Technically already out of date, I think it said the stats were through 12/12, and just yesterday I fired up Spiritfarer for the first time. 12 games! Close to consistent though, I played 11 games last year.

Hours this year 169, last year 154.

Top three games

1. DUNGEON ENCOUNTERS: 54 hours
  2. Metroid Dread: 33 hours
  3. Sunless Skies: 23 hours (this is how long the writing kept me interested as my engagement with it as a game slowly waned)

Last year’s top game was Breath of the Wild with 129 hours, more than my top three of this year combined.

My most active day was 8 hours of Metroid Dread on October 23.

99 hours docked/70 hours handheld, a closer split than I would’ve guessed. I’d have guessed I spent about 2/3 of my time in handheld.

I sense a pattern.

What a day!

Screen Shot 3

I sense a pattern. (bis)

I don’t actually go online with my Switch so Nintendo won’t have stats, but if they did, it’d all be Ring Fit Adventure.

Oh, right, that’s probably my 1%.

Got my stats.

30 hours total, 25 in Mario Odyssey. 3 in Link’s Awakening, 1 in Mario Kart 8. 10 hours each in October, November, December.

Too little data to be interesting.

21 games total as well. Though a fair bit was also related to playing with the kids. Mario Kart was almost always on my account after all, since I had unlocked more karts.

Also low hours last year because we only got it at Christmas.

Seems like I should ask the expert: I just finished the first game in the Ace Attorney Chronicles and really enjoyed it, but I’m itching to get to the new Great Ace Attorney games. Is it really best that I play all of the originals before starting on the new games, or would it work okay to jump ahead and circle back to the remaining old games after? My understanding is that the quality starts to slide there.

If you’re planning to play through them all, I would do it chronologically, so you don’t miss the gameplay/QoL enhancements (limited as they are) when playing the older ones. But if you’re just picking the best games, then sure, jump ahead. There’s not really any narrative connection between the two Great Ace Attorney games and the present day ones, though there are some in jokes.

Not many surprises for me on the Switch end-of-year thing. Most hours were Griftlands and Monster Train, with Sunlees Skies a close third. I was shocked that I apparently played 11 hours of Monster Train in a day 😂

169 hours in Fire Emblem
154 hours in Sunless Skies

Pretty close between #1 and #2.

I had sold my switch in July to put the funds towards the OLED model that I picked up in what looks like October. :)

This tracks - but I won’t be surprised to see my most played game next year end up being Ruined King, which due to it tracking my hours even when the system was asleep and the game was suspended, I have like 370 hours in, haha.

It’s that time again.

I’m assuming these games coming to most platforms, or at least the PC. (And I also assume that unless you play undocked, there’s no reason to get these on Switch). Neat showcase. I only skimmed past some of the trailers so far, and will watch in detail later.

Sea of Stars: Messenger devs make a Chrono Trigger/Mana-alike. Songs by Mitsuda. Looks neat.

Chicory out now.

River City Girls 2, delayed, but that was already announced.

I’ve heard chatter about Omori, which has Undertale/Tumblr depression-rpg vibes or something.

Here’s a nice summary without having to watch the videos.

Text FTW!

Also, no Neon White release yet :(

My buddy Jake, the front man of Aether Realm, is doing some of the music for this and I’m super happy for him to see it getting hype. They just cracked 100k monthly listeners on Spotify and are back on tour with Unleash the Archers for the second time this year, so I’d say it’s a pretty great month for them!

https://twitter.com/seaofstarsgame/status/1422580854497452037?t=Y6RONr6wnkeqXiBUMn8sdw&s=19

All I want is Sports Story :-(

So I snagged Diablo III since I’m on an ARPG kick and Warhammer Inquisitor isn’t on the dang thing. You know what? It’s really good! Maybe better than the PC version!

The console version is easily better than PC. The controller works so well for the game.

It really does! How does the PC version not have gamepad support?!