Nintendo Switch

I mean for what it’s worth, HowLongToBeat clocks it at 25 for focused playthroughs and closer to 40 for 100%ers. I haven’t been in the right mindspace to delve deeply yet, so, YMMV.

I’d have so many things to say about that %$*! that Howlongtobeat is, but I’ll save that for the nerd rage thread :E
Oh my bad, I was mixing Spiritfarer and that sailing game!

I actually picked up Spiritfarer this morning based off the reviews so that one’s on the menu :D Have a few Picross I need to get to also. Played through LCU with a daughter and had a blast on the PS4.

Anyone have a favorite deck builder or roguelike? I saw Faeria was supposed to be good. Did For the Warp turn out to be anything decent?

Shiren 5, no contest, on the Switch, as far as roguelikes go.

Is that this one?

If you want a pile of quick play arcade games for variety, Capcom has Stadium packs 1,2 and 3 combined on sale right now for $19.99.

It’s an excellent sampling of their history. High score tables, options for vertical play in games that offer it, various visual modes to approximate TV output, etc.

Here’s the full game list.

Ah yes, that is the one. Sorry, of course they dropped the handy number! ;D

Just a handy tip: although the Switch behaves nicely offline, sometimes games occasionally require a check (on their first run?) so be sure to run the games you want to play at least once before leaving home.

Thanks for the suggestions & the offline tip - will check all of this out before we leave!

I’ve gotten sucked back into Binding of Isaac with the big Repentance expansion.

Samewise. It’s insane how quick the hours go by in this game, and how impossible it is to interrupt a run. I plunged back because of Repentance less than a month ago and can’t pull myself away from it.

Yeah, I liked Spiritfarer a lot, though ultimately I drifted away before I finished it. It’s not a short game.

I’m not very good at it, and Repentance seems to make it even harder, but I really love the massive variety of items, and the delightful chaos from the way the effects interact and build upon one another. I’ve put maybe six hours into it since I picked it up again, and I think I’ve only found the same item a bare handful of times.

Streets of Rogue is a delight and is currently on sale.

https://www.nintendo.com/store/products/streets-of-rogue-character-pack-edition-switch/

Interesting, haven’t heard of this one before, thanks Brian!

I’ll second the recommendation! It’s a lot of fun.

Best co op as it increases the chaos but still fun solo.

Oh God it’s so great in co-op.

I’d say the Castlevania collection with the GBA games, Mario + Rabbids, and really basically any Nintendo first party game you don’t already have.

I imagine Streets of Rogue might not click with you, so buyer beware! If 2d Deus Ex sounds right to you then go for it.

I’ve always had a weak spot for tactical RPGs and many modern XCOM clones. I quite like Phantom Doctrine. It’s often on sale for a very low price. It’s quite unique because of the setting and it’s more forgiving than XCOM. But it’s kinda more repetitive and like with most of those games the game really wants you to play in a specific way, and till you understand what it wants it might feel repetitive and hard. Won’t recommend it over XCOM2 or Mario+Rabbids or Valkyria Chronicles, but it’s an interesting game.

If you’re ready for anime overload there’s Banner of the Maid. Gameplay-wise it’s a take on a very traditional Fire Emblem formula (limited roster of pre-made characters, most scenarios have something happening in them, not just an army VS army). Story-wise it’s anime French Revolutionary Wars. But it doesn’t just turn everyone into an anime girl, you have anime girls fighting besides relatively faithfully portrayed Murat.

Both games are on sale for me right now, but I’m not sure if this is a regional sale.