Nintendo Switch

My daughter is Evil and takes great joy in “accidentally” messing me up and then apologizing profusely afterwards. I fall for it every time and love it.

sniff That’s some beautiful family shit right there, that is.

Huh random and weird they ported the old Westwood Associates blade runner game to switch

Haha, that absolute randomness, as you nicely put it, makes the Switch the best console ever to me!

I always meant to play it since a friend showed it to me oh so many years ago, I’m probably going to. I hope it doesn’t have rights troubles and get stuck out of the eu eshop.

I never played that Blade Runner game, but I do have it, I think it came on several CDs. That was always the enticing part. Oh man! So many CDs!

Of course, my currently computer doesn’t even have a way of reading those CDs anymore. And I think the game is in a box in a closet in my mom’s house somewhere.

You can run it straight with Scummvm or just rebut it in GoG

Not just Switch. It’s coming out on Xbox and PS4 too. I never played it on PC the first time around, so I might pick it up on Xbox eventually.

For explorators of the weird, the oddity Silk, with its gameplay arkening back to the early Microprose or Spectrum days, is for sale for a single euro in Europe, but it goes on sale regularly. Just wanted to spread the word!

Careful: the interface is as unintuitive as you’d dream of it.

Must read: the user manual that was lost for 40 years and that Dark Blue Monkey found and shared on Steam.

Sadly it is $13 in Burgerland

It will go back to 1$ shortly, it’s been on sale practically since it’s been released (which hints it didn’t do well, I guess…)

Game is complicated as fuck even on a PC.

I just reread Invisible Cities so I think I’m in the right mood to give this a shot.

It kind of looks like Curious Expedition 2 or something?

Does it? It’s more of a Seven Cities of Gold designed by Singleton instead of Bunten. Which is probably not a plus!

The vibe is sort of similar, but of course far less fanciful. Not quite as well written either, but it’s a video game so, eh. Also, more bartering with, trying to avoid, or fighting raiders. I like it a lot, but it’s not without flaws and occasional incomprehensibilities.

Also, note that if you bought one of those Humble Itch social justice bundles, you already own it.

Or that big Itch bundle with 1000 games from a couple years back.

Oops. Yeah, that’s the one I meant.

It might have been in both! Pretty sure it’s been in two big popular bundles.

Possibly. But, those both might have been Itch? I’m not sure, but Itch definitely had a second bundle with mostly the same games as the previous with a few newer ones for Trans rights within the last year or so. I’m honestly not sure if Humble had something similar. For my post, my mind instantly linked “bundle of games” with Humble, even though Itch is how I got Silk Road.

I put about 40 minutes into it this evening and I like it! I’ll probably restart when I pick it up again now that I’ve got a bit of a better grip on the interface.